Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: How Bioware Can Bring Us All Back.

by i3ig_Gun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How Bioware Can Bring Us All Back.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Simple, its not just a lack of content but loot.

The Division 2 drops high-end gear like candy because of the crazy amount of random stat rolls that change on any given item.

The more you play the more loot you get, you can grind for hours and receive 5 of the same guns and an inventory full of high-end gear all with different stats, perks and even damage...

Loot drop rates need to be substantially increased or this game will lose out to the other looter shooters available.

Bioware can release new content every month from here on out, but when players are no longer feeling rewarded for their efforts they will move on. 

Thats why we play these games, to feel rewarded for being digital badasses. Wrecking crews of machines murdering the evil masses in epic battles to be given a fist full of gear that you dont even look at because of the color (quality) of said items.

Its simple Bioware, shower us in Legendary items, increase the amount of random rolls on items, and watch your game flourish.

Amazing game play, fun mechanics, beautiful world, and awesome story isn't enough if we are not rewarded for our time. Please make this game great again.

Message 1 of 142 (962 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 

Your right, your not an expert in looter shooters, I am, I've damn near played everyone of them to death. 

Inventory management is necessary for this genre, if you don't want to do it, I'd recommend you play something else, because purples and blues are still dropping by the hundreds.

Loot is the life blood of games like this, even if content was lacking, people would be pissed but still grinding for that sweet loot.

Content needs improvement and abundance no doubt, I definitely want more!

I obviously want more QoL implementation. Who doesn't want those? More inventory space, easier inventory management, faster load times, less crashes, better UI shortcuts and quick easy matchmaking or solo play access.

The only real solution for those experienced in this genre is give us more loot, better loot, and frequent loot. Period.

Stop your long winded rants, and walls of text, and get on board with the majority of us.

The more satisfied players you have the better all of our experience in this game will be. More players, builds, and most importantly money (to Bioware = more content, fixes, and cosmetics for us)

Get on board and stop fighting this losing battle, we who know are vets in this genre are going to win, or this game will die, as we leave and play other more rewarding games in this genre.

View in thread

Message 88 of 142 (210 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

More loot and a much increased Vault limit. How are you supposed to make different builds when you're limited to 250 items across 4 javelins and 5 loadouts each?

Message 2 of 142 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I only use Ranger and at 746 Leg, with 5 loadouts and 180 items. So 250 for all 4 classes is not enough for sure. Doubling to 500 would be a lot better imo.

Guess it's all about space? Each of the items per player requires some additional database space (kb) which with a few million players is a lot I would imagine. With a cost attached no doubt, hence the shopping basket amount.?

Message 3 of 142 (940 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@AcKilleeZ wrote:

I only use Ranger and at 746 Leg, with 5 loadouts and 180 items. So 250 for all 4 classes is not enough for sure. Doubling to 500 would be a lot better imo.

Guess it's all about space? Each of the items per player requires some additional database space (kb) which with a few million players is a lot I would imagine. With a cost attached no doubt, hence the shopping basket amount.?

Considering that most f2p games have more storage space while anthem has a 60 bucks price tag makes this look even worse.

I get that they don't have the money (haha) for unlimited space but the current cap of 250 feels like a big "f* you and thanks for the money" move from bioware

Message 4 of 142 (914 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is obvious, simple, and wrong.

Showering everyone with Legendaries would turn GM2 into Easy and likely kill GM1 queues the same way Hard is currently kinda dead. Meaning that the people who don’t already have at least full Masterwork loadouts would get the impression that the game is dead, and have a very difficult time getting past GM1 and into GM2 where everyone is. And even when somebody in a Legendary javelin would queue for GM1, they would basically solo everything and deny participation to people who are geared appropriately for the difficulty. Meanwhile everyone that’s up to their ears in Legendaries would complain that Legendaries are now trash and they need another tier of gear (and another difficulty to go with that). The solution would involve more than just increasing the loot drops, they would need to implement some sort of way to power match endgame gear to lower difficulties, as well as give Lego players a reason to queue for them.

And I agree that the Vault cap desperately needs raising, but I also increasingly suspect that it’s less about increasing the cap on the server side and more about reworking the client to be able to handle it. Right now they’re likely running into the old Frostbite issue where everything has to be handled by the AI system (including things like Cortex entries), and people who don’t read the Cortex and don’t clear the Vault until it’s at the cap (i.e. the majority) could suddenly get issues like being unable to talk to the NPCs in the Fort, or the game failing to start at all, in the worst case scenario. Solving that would require implementing scalable systems more or less from scratch and migrating the existing UI to work with that (or implementing new UI from scratch as well).

Which is probably why they said a while back that it may take a few months to resolve the loot issues.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 5 of 142 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello, when I started playing Anthem at launch date (yes I preordered) the game was amazing. We were playing on hard mode and when we all were Masterwork we moved on to GM1 and we started getting legendary drops. Yes the game issues, but back then it wasn’t the loot.
Oh well what the heck does it matter to me now, if it doesn’t matter to BioWare or EA it’s just sad....for us, am not sure they honestly care. 

edit:  Anthem is my love and but not hate game. I get frustrated, just like all of you. But honestly I do enjoy playing Anthem, especially playing with my Storm. I forget I have a chronic illness, for the time am flying around or in combat and swimming. It’s my get away, it’s my therapy. I honestly believe there are working to better the game. Also, before you all say it yes am a #biowarefan have been since Mass Effect 1. 

Thats it, there has so much hatred and cursing all because of a game on YouTube. Yes it happened to me, just for saying ‘ I like playing Anthem’ i got so sad and didn’t understand why so much hatred towards me..am just me, not a developer, just a person with an opinion. After 6 notifications on YouTube I just deleted my post. Then I wondered why would Ben, Chad any of them put themselves thru this hatred. I was there with one of there live-streams and we can get our point across without being rude. 

I really hope things get better for all of who are still playing Anthem and enjoy the time we are. Personally live has been unpredictable, but that’s because of my chronic illness. 

Thank you for reading and let’s try to remember that kindness matters💜🦋💜🦋

Message 6 of 142 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Yea, and you could access the Vault directly from the Forge at launch. Which they later disabled citing unspecified performance issues, as I recall. And in the demo you could have up to 600 items in the Vault, so I’m guessing that actually having 600 items in the Vault caused issues serious enough to bump it all the way down to 250.

They know that loot is important to people, and have said as much. They’re working on it, and have said as much. What else do you want them to do exactly? Have devs respond to every thread on the forum with “we’re working on it” instead of actually working on it? It won’t help them work on it faster...

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

Message 7 of 142 (849 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Showering people with loot doesn't hurt a damn thing @cake404.

Diablo, Borderlands, The Division 1 and 2 do it, and no one complained about it, it didn't break anything. 

It made people grind harder and longer to get the EXACT peices they were searching for to build their perfect setup.

Let the Legendaries and MWs fall like rain, and purples should be little or nonexistent in GM1 and up. Higher Difficulties drop stronger items.

Its been done very successfully in the past and currently with The Division 2 and soon Borderlands 3 (if you look at how well 1 and 2 did)

Simple solution. Increase the drop rate of Legendaries.

Message 8 of 142 (834 Views)

Champion

Yep. Division 1 and 2. And soon Borderlands 3. I guess they should shower everyone with Legendaries for a year and then release Anthem 2 and make everyone grind for the same damn weapons all over again. Then maybe release Anthem 3 for good measure. Because that’s what “everyone else” is doing, and “everyone else” always knows the best thing to do, right?

Message 9 of 142 (792 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 if the shoe fits. 

Those games and their predicesours will agree. 

More loot, more players. It's easy math.

Message 10 of 142 (779 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help