How About Making Dummie A Legend?

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

How About Making Dummie A Legend?

★★★ Expert

Why not?

• You already have the basic skins: the colors (just add a few scratches or cracks). Other skins for it are pretty easy to do: Rusty, Crash Test, Broken- revealing wires and metal skeleton, Glass - with transparent arms, Artsy - funny smilies on its face and grafitti on the body, Training day - full of scratches and bullet holes, Scrap, etc..
  • You already have the voice: text to speech!
  • Its abilities are perfect, I believe a lot of devs and qa engineers will feel familiar with it Standard smile
  • Story is easy to do: he observed the legends in the training ground, to learn their moves. The organizers decided it's time to put all the knowledge the Dummie has gathered to test, in real matches (remember Crypto's friend discovering the organizers' hidden "likelihood of success" algorithm?). Or, it could be the way some VIPs can participate to the game, operating dummies remotely so they don't get hurt and keep their identity hidden.

C'mon devs, it's a "5 minute change" :P

Message 1 of 5 (249 Views)

Re: How About Making Dummie A Legend?

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe <- hire this guy Respawn, he’ll make you billions!
Message 2 of 5 (225 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DoYaSeeMe that's a very good idea. Only question I would have is what would its specific ultimate be?

Or you could have a choice as to which legend puts on the dummy skin to play as the dummy. That way you would know the ult.

I would have to insist on a midnight skin for the dummy though Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 3 of 5 (219 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper Nahhh! I want the randomized ult. Never knowing what you’re gonna get is the fun part about this faceless hero! Even he himself is unsure about it.

Only thing about this legend is he’d have no skins or respawn would have to make a new class of cosmetics just for him and we all know that won’t happen.

So RIP the warrior we never knew we wanted but liked! You will be missed!!! I’ll never look at the firing course dummies the same way... they might be watching and learning... and biding their time for revenge for getting destroyed over & over...
Message 4 of 5 (213 Views)

★★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper Thanks! I like the idea of the random ultimate, but I would finetune it a little. The heal ultimate could be reduced or capped and maybe not instant, but take 2-3 seconds. The loot pinata would take into consideration if the area is safe or not and spawn more heals and armors (lower tier) which can be used for fast swapping during combat or mid tier loot when there's no threat, except weapon and maybe ammo (to discourage camping). The party would use decoys of the whole team, for a more effective bamboozle. I would add a few more ults to the pool, like 2 seconds of invulnerability for all team inside the area of effect, a special pinata nade that makes the enemy drop half of his loot when hit, a 2 second weapon jam, a fake gold rush - an explosion dropping gold loot which is either fake or care package weapons that have 0 ammo.

As for the skins, there's a lot that can be done without putting too much work in it. Rustie, Dustie, Muddie, Artsie, Scratchie... Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (199 Views)