Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Hovering melee during ultimate please!

by Sumojim2

Original Post

Highlighted

Hovering melee during ultimate please!

★★ Novice

Standing under Titans and the Scorpion during ultimate ability is terrible. Can’t see anything outside of a bunch of zeros in damage. I would love it if you could remaining in a hover using the  left mouse button melee, and spin attack to the ground with V as normal during ultimate skill. This would allow smarter positioning options, and prevent my interceptor from feeling like she is performing a wildly energized pedicure every time I fight these bosses.

Message 1 of 6 (367 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Hovering melee during ultimate please!

★ Apprentice

jump and attack. I know its not Ideal but pretty sure we wont be able to hover and melee as normally that makes you do a falling strike anways. to be honest what they should do is make the tall bosses have some lower down weak/attackable points on their bodies so Interceptors can melee. 

However since we cant i just debuff with acid, and mark target and shoot the bejesus out of the tall baddies. 

Message 2 of 6 (357 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I have an idea for Bioware.  Make the Titan's legs weak points just like the arms.  Then interceptor can melee them.  Genius, I know.

Message 3 of 6 (354 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I read something that hovering and using the Ultimate should be possible after day 1 patch.

EDIT:

2 patches later this still is not working.

Message 4 of 6 (339 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

yeah titans are our 1 weakness when it comes to facing enemies, but honestly, i like that since i can pretty much faceroll all other mobs.

It gives me a certain feeling of the class needing others to help out abit more than i usualy get when i play.

so for me having issues with titans makes me up my game and stay extra aware when bouncedancing

Message 5 of 6 (273 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I just found out today that you can actually melee while hovering. If you enter hover mode close enough to a target while looking at it, it will actually let you use the melee chain while in the air. I seem to recall it working during the ultimate as well, but not 100% sure. Granted, I also didn’t try it on a titan.

Note that I’m not sure if you can activate the hover mode during the ultimate, but if you activate the ultimate while hovering you will remain hovering until you land. So it may be quirky at the moment, but technically possible.

Message 6 of 6 (226 Views)
Twitter Stream