Horizon Season 9 Nerf.

by Barbiegrlfan29

Original Post

Horizon Season 9 Nerf.

★★★★★ Newbie

As a horizon main I think I can speak for all horizon mains when I say this. The season 9 horizon "balancing" was too much. Yes she was a very powerful legend and did need some changes but the nerf was wayyyy to much. She is pretty much un usable at this point and the 2 second limit is pretty useless since you get beamed before you even reach the top. There are also lot of players who spent money on horizon cosmetics that they cant use anymore because she isnt reliable anymore. Shes like a whole new legend. 

There are lot of ideas from the community on balancing horizon, and im sure that the team can figure out some ways to balance horizon without taking away her whole kit. I hope respawn can figure out ways to balance not only horizon but other legends without making them un usable. 

Sincerely, 

An Apex player. 

Message 1 of 24 (569 Views)

Re: Horizon Season 9 Nerf.

Champion

@Barbiegrlfan29  I'm kinda biased on this one as I did find fighting horizon pretty damn annoying. They did make some extremely valid points about why they implemented the nerfs they did.

For me personally the fully mobile healing being taken off the table was a big one, the whole tradeoff off with healing is that you temporarily sacrifice movement in order to do so....and due to how horizons tactical behaved this tradeoff was just negated entirely.

I do agree that the vertical climb speed nerf on her tactical was a bit harsh though, simply limiting time spent at the top was more than enough.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 24 (560 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag The speed of the vertical climb was the reason she could heal freely, it was basically instant. No tactical provides high ground access to the whole team, and you should totally be vulnerable while doing it. Besides you get no accuracy impairment so it's not like you can't shoot back while on the lift.

The nerf feels harsh because most of horizons power was in the tactical. 30% nerf is maybe a bit too high, but we know Respawn always does hard nerfs.
Message 3 of 24 (541 Views)

Champion

@BaldWraithSimp  Yeah I know bud that's exactly the point I was trying to make lol, I probably should've been clearer on that front. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 24 (514 Views)

★ Guide

She feels bad to play now. I get why she was nerfed but the tactical nerf was a bit to much. Maybe 15% or 20% would feel better.  

I've been experimenting trying to use her lift more defensively because everytime I try and use it in a fight I get shot out the air. But most the time the enemy is moving or strafing so they hop out of the lift I threw on them and basically resets the fight to neutral. 

Message 5 of 24 (464 Views)

Champion
@Barbiegrlfan29 She needed this. She was way more powerful than wraith or pathfinder ever were. Maybe they went a little far. They could back off but she needs to give off sound. The new legend is loud as hell. Horizon is still the silent assassin.
Message 6 of 24 (438 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp Your complaining dude Wattson pylon was a perfect counter.
If u can send Gernades to her tactical and it goes up to explode, that should be more then enough to counter her
Message 7 of 24 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@XLnarratorAnd? You are making this argument like one counter solves all the issues with her tactical. Besides are you going to sit all day with a Wattson pylon waiting for a Horizon to use her tactical?

If you think Horizon didn't need a nerf, you are way off. And it's a waste of time to even discuss this with you. Standard smile

@F5arTheB5ard I can agree the vertical speed nerf seems a bit harsh, but rest of the nerfs were needed.

Message 8 of 24 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As Caustic main, I have bias opinion, I still not feel safe out there.

Message 9 of 24 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@BaldWraithSimp
Passive Ultimate for Wattson, every fight your into there should be a pylon placed.

So yeeeeeah🤔.

She needed to have her radical cooldown increased

like they did with Pathfinder  (Never botherd to be fixed), like they did with Wattson(started off bad),

like they did with Octane (just inverted),

like they did with Gibraltar (he should manually turn it off).
So yeah a cooldown will do

Message 10 of 24 (414 Views)