Hori Hotas ps4 support

by TheFrozenAisle

Original Post

Hori Hotas ps4 support

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  • Are there plans to support the hori hotas for ps4. I have read developers didn't have access to one but I'm not sure how true that is. I have seen others bring up this same topic. I'm just wondering if there are plans to patch support for the hori we'd definitely appreciate it.
Message 1 of 7 (991 Views)

Dot.: Hori Hotas ps4 support

★★ Novice
@TheFrozenAisle I play on PS4. Without working HOTAS, playing multi is literall hell. We need full support for HORI, 'cause T'flight is sold out...
Message 2 of 7 (880 Views)

Re: Hori Hotas ps4 support

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@TheFrozenAisle wrote:
  • Are there plans to support the hori hotas for ps4. I have read developers didn't have access to one but I'm not sure how true that is. I have seen others bring up this same topic. I'm just wondering if there are plans to patch support for the hori we'd definitely appreciate it.

@EA_Charlemagne 

I can say with some authority that they don't necessarily have to have the actual controller, because the main issue is that a few of the buttons are mapped to 2 different button functions (ex R2 & L2).

Hori

so if they simply allowed us to map a function to a pair of buttons, rather than a single button, it should be usable without anything special (unless the Hori vibration protocol is nonstandard). Elite Dangerous lets you map any combination you want, even on console, so it's not unprecedented.

Otherwise, unless I'm missing something (I don't actually own one, I use a different Hori, and on the PC version) the only other issue is the problem with the throttle not being analog, and that can be fixed by setting it to Setting 1, above:

If I'm wrong about any of this, feel free to chime in. Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@BillkwandoL3 on throttle, R3 on stick. Problem solved, mostly... Albo, need to do something with R2 and L2 placement. 

Message 4 of 7 (812 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And still the Hori does not work, EA shambles of a company.

Message 5 of 7 (768 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Pryde33633 any update? Does it still not work?
Message 6 of 7 (674 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TheFrozenAisle One of the Devs posted this on Twitter as they tested a Hori.

The December patch will improve the Hori experience. Not much we can do about the hardcoded combo buttons like L3+R3, but other issues will be fixed. Details will be in the patch notes.
Message 7 of 7 (669 Views)