Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Hope to see PVP ASAP

by Sazabinitengale

Original Post

Hope to see PVP ASAP

★★ Apprentice

Hey, I strongly hope that there will be a great pvp in Anthem. I want buy this game because its looks great but I am mainly pvp and like play pve just to be better in pvp. I understand that many players dont want pvp but I am pretty sure that much more players Dream about pvp in this game. My idea- Create pvp like few diferend battelgrounds with few diferend maps and modes: death match, capture the flag, etc. And Cerate somthing like league in a game  War Robots. This small game can be an great example. Allow jawelins to use in pvp equipent looted in pve game. If you are good you avanse to better lague. It would be great solve for every one because if someone dont want play pvp - he dont have to. Imortant thing-we want use our equipent from pve, not same lvl equipent for everybody. Like I said - if you are much better than others you quick avanse to higher lague and Play with players on your equipent lvl. I Hope that Anthem will be not like fallen Diablo 3 . And we get great pvp  with league system. Personalny I  believe in EA and will buy game without pvp on start. But Hope we will get it ASAP. Other way it will be short epizode on my and many players gaming life

Message 1 of 34 (376 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is no PvP on launch.

Message 2 of 34 (364 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please no. This game is geared for PvE and I don't want some PvP integrating in and destroying the experience. Maybe if they do it to where it is its own separate thing then maybe, but I'm tired of having gaming experiences ruined by bad PvP integration (Destiny 2). 

I'll also admit I hate PvP, unless it's something like the older Battlefields (the good ones, won't touch 5 and 1 was meh) or a good game designed around PvP only. Just my thoughts at least. I was really happy when BioWare announced that they weren't looking at PvP for this game and were focusing on PvE, they should stick with that.

Message 3 of 34 (362 Views)

★★★ Guide

I hope that means As Seperate As Possible

Message 4 of 34 (340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If you want good PvP - you really better NOT expecting it ASAP.

Good things never get done fast. And making good PvP is VERY hard to do.

Look at Warframe... they have PvP for ages... and no one plays it :P

Destiny 2 have huge issues of controller vs M+KB issues, to keep it fair and competitive.

Message 5 of 34 (332 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Don't care at all about it.
And if they do do it eventually, it should ONLY reward cosmetic equipment, while all the gear should be standardized with no stats/bonuses of any kind while in pvp matches.

Message 6 of 34 (323 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Destiny 2's big issue with PvP is they keep * over PvE because of it. They wanted it to be an e-sport so hard that they alienated the rest of the game and sacrificed core mechanics for it and you see how well it's doing. I don't want BW doing the same thing here. Just leave it alone, people want this game BECAUSE PvE!

Message 7 of 34 (321 Views)

★★★ Guide

What would you say to people who are purchasing Anthem specifically because it does not have PvP?

Message 8 of 34 (319 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm afraid I must disagree.  From the various threads that have popped up in the last few weeks concerning PvP, the majority of players do not want it.

This is a PvE game.  It was never designed for PvP.  Yes, the mechanics would lend themselves well to a PvP encounter; let's face it - you can run and jump and fly and hover and shoot, it really doesn't matter what you're shooting at.

But in the end, PvP would hurt PvE, even if the two are completely separated weapon- and gear-wise.  The reasons have been given umpteen times in other posts, but it comes down to basic resource management.

If BioWare or EA want to create a PvP version of Anthem, and they bring in another studio to do so, and they put it on a separate game disk, and use different servers, then that would be fine.

Then the PvP people can go play their PvP.  Over there.  Out of the way.  Standard smile

Message 9 of 34 (314 Views)

★ Guide

I hope they never add pvp to this game.  Every single game that does ends up ruining the single player experience because they try to balance pvp and pve at the same time.  

Message 10 of 34 (305 Views)
Twitter Stream