Honor and Teamwork - Stronger Together

by Spiritual-Zombie

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Honor and Teamwork - Stronger Together

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I really like what Anthem tries to inspire in players. The emphasis on restoring honor, stronger together.

I think it’s awesome that the reason to make your Javelin look impressive is to inspire awe in the people who see you. 

I find the team work in the game during these random strongholds or world events to be so satisfying. Players flying in to save a downed player, it feels like an epic Marvel battle and the clapping and tossing of flares when we’re victorious.

It feels good.

i compared it to other co-op games out there that are darker, inspiring backstabbing and theft and murder between players and it makes me appreciate Anthem’s positive message even more. So many games go dark and cynical while Anthem goes shining bright with optimism.

I really like the world they created and being a Freelancer in that world feels awesome.

Message 1 of 10 (252 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Honor and Teamwork - Stronger Together

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

I really like the world they created and being a Freelancer in that world feels awesome.

A great post. Life also imitates art in that the game itself has the challenge of winning back some of its audience, much as Fort Tarsis abandoned the Freelancers after the Cenotaph.

I'd like to see players come back in greater numbers as new content rolls out. As you say, 'Stronger Together'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (212 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hmm, Honor. Here is the thing, it works both ways, imo.

Where was the "Honor" when this game was pushed out the door, prematurely?

Don't you some how get the feeling, that there was a lot of evidence pointing towards that general direction.

For all your taking points, I am pretty sure if it had been done right to begin with <----talking about greed. (Hurry up hurry up, chop chop chop, get that product out the door. But its not done somebody replies, carefully. Simple reply back, Or Else.

You would be eating out of the palm of the creators and publisher of anthems hands. Its also at this point our opinions differ.

I don't particularly enjoy the thought of feeling screwed over and not being "updated" or "informed" of status quo and whats going on with my so called "investment" <---talking about the Bucks I paid for anthem. Other than a tweet from a dev, just saying, there are no updates.

In short, all your points would have been immensely intensified and correct. If not for the fact that, halv of the work being done to anthem is fixing mistakes that shouldn't have been there to begin with. As a result, they are behind schedule.

Aside from the obvious and usually minor quality of life bugs and errors. I am usually not interested in the forums. Quite the opposite, usually more interested in actually playing the game. But when there are so many clearly obvious issues with my product. I tend to go where I need to go, to discuss such matters. 

But hay, at least somebody is having a good experience, even with the current state and devening silence.

I am curious, how do you feel about being clueless, as to what's actually going on? 

Message 2 of 10 (223 Views)

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

A great post. Life also imitates art in that the game itself has the challenge of winning back some of its audience, much as Fort Tarsis abandoned the Freelancers after the Cenotaph.

I'd like to see players come back in greater numbers as new content rolls out. As you say, 'Stronger Together'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 3 of 10 (213 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@KALIUMG wrote:

Hmm, Honor. Here is the thing, it works both ways, imo.

Where was the "Honor" when this game was pushed out the door, prematurely?

Don't you some how get the feeling, that there was a lot of evidence pointing towards that general direction.

For all your taking points, I am pretty sure if it had been done right to begin with <----talking about greed. (Hurry up hurry up, chop chop chop, get that product out the door. But its not done somebody replies, carefully. Simple reply back, Or Else.

You would be eating out of the palm of the creators and publisher of anthems hands. Its also at this point our opinions differ.

I don't particularly enjoy the thought of feeling screwed over and not being "updated" or "informed" of status quo and whats going on with my so called "investment" <---talking about the Bucks I paid for anthem. Other than a tweet from a dev, just saying, there are no updates.

In short, all your points would have been immensely intensified and correct. If not for the fact that, halv of the work being done to anthem is fixing mistakes that shouldn't have been there to begin with. As a result, they are behind schedule.

Aside from the obvious and usually minor quality of life bugs and errors. I am usually not interested in the forums. Quite the opposite, usually more interested in actually playing the game. But when there are so many clearly obvious issues with my product. I tend to go where I need to go, to discuss such matters. 

But hay, at least somebody is having a good experience, even with the current state and devening silence.

I am curious, how do you feel about being clueless, as to what's actually going on? 

well done

Message 4 of 10 (189 Views)

★★★ Guide

@KALIUMG wrote:

Glad you feel the need to attempt to belittle someone having fun and enjoying an aspect of the game by attempting to hijack. None of your points ,although mostly correct IMO, speak at all to the OP's post...at all.

@Spiritual-Zombie I agree, I see people (and try myself) not take kills or combo's from low health teammates that need them or priming for each other for that reason. You do see more teamwork here than I have in many other games.

Message 5 of 10 (181 Views)

★★ Pro

Honour, in a video game? What a ridiculous thing to espouse, I doubt the OP even understands what honour entails. If you behaved in real life as you do in Anthem you would quickly be jailed or brought up on war crimes. Some people come up with the silliest rubbish.

Message 6 of 10 (152 Views)

Champion

@Haruchai01 wrote:

... If you behaved in real life as you do in Anthem you would quickly be jailed or brought up on war crimes. ...

Players should certainly be old enough to tell the difference between real life and fiction. 

I think the rating for age 16 and up Anthem got in Germany is warrented given some of the quests and conversations.

Still, I also think from an ingame point of view OP is right.

I assume most of us aren't playing games to judge our ingame actions by real life standards.

There wouldn't be many games in my library left for me to enjoy if I did.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 7 of 10 (147 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

See, thats the beauty of difference of opinion.

They don't have to align Angel

You agree with Op, I don't.

And I disagree with you too.

Don't see much team work with this game.

Quite the opposite. People rushing ahead and pulling you to next objective while you are trying to get some "trash" mob kills.

^where is the teamwork here?

I pretty sure this scenario happens more often that not, for most players.

Message 8 of 10 (131 Views)

Champion

@KALIUMG wrote:

See, thats the beauty of difference of opinion.

They don't have to align Angel

You agree with Op, I don't.

And I disagree with you too.

Don't see much team work with this game.

Quite the opposite. People rushing ahead and pulling you to next objective while you are trying to get some "trash" mob kills.

^where is the teamwork here?

I pretty sure this scenario happens more often that not, for most players.

I'd even go so far as to say if they align they aren't really different opinions. Wink

(Which doesn't mean people aren't allowed to change their opinions during discussions to come to aligning ones.)

In every MMO I played I encountered people who managed to misspell "team" and get a big bold "I" in there.

Since I tend to play much with friends especially on higher difficulties, I probably don't have to deal with those as often as others.

As for killing trash mobs, I found you can kill quite a few of them with some help before you are pulled forward if you have only one speeder in the squad. If no one helps then that's kind of a team decision as well.

Freelancers tend to flock together in Freeplay and help each other even when they are not in one squad.

You have to die a lot before people stop rezzing you in Strongholds.

I haven't encountered anyone yet flaming other players. 

All in all, I find team play in Anthem a lot better than in other games I played.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 9 of 10 (119 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

True, and with the game being a multiplayer open world looter shooter.

Our experiences playing the game, are gonna vary, vastly. 

Whilst some have a great experience with the "team work" aspect of the game, the same will be true for a whole lot of different players experiencing really bad "team work" implementation, generally in the game.

Message 10 of 10 (114 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help