Re: Honesty regarding Pathfinder Nerf

by a24zxc5411011abx

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@BaldWraithSimp I don't think most players have had enough play time on loba to start complaining about her but id say her teleport should be available faster and the delay for the teleport removed.

It really has no advantage in its current state, diff classes have diff trade offs. Tanky vs squishy, speed vs slow, so on and so fourth. At the minute loba and path are no good at making an aggressive play unless they are willing to commit to it.

Now when I chose to play caustic or gibby and I get in a fight im willing to commit to that fight even if it goes pair shaped because they are more tanky and they have defensive abilities. Caustic can buy time to heal and rez with gas, gibby can use a shield for faster heal and get a rez.

Loba and path have one choice when there team gets knocked fight or flight. How I would play these toons when im last alive is I would port in and be aggressive and port or grapple out when it goes south and then if I had an opportunity to get the kills and rez my team I would if not I would whizz around the back of the team wait for them to leave and grab my teams banners.

What do we have instead 2 gimped classes that can't even master what they was designed to do which is play passive aggressive.

Ive never cried nerf for anything on a game, its funny how people complain about stuff because they can't handle getting outplayed. Fact is someone's always better at doing something than the next guy and it don't matter what class it is they will still continue to get outplayed.

All the developer's have done is removed the fun of playing a build like pathfinder. If a team is constantly getting outplayed by a pathy taking the high ground on you, you have two choices back away or take the high ground first.
Message 51 of 85 (345 Views)

★★ Guide

There was a big difference between being outplayed buy a tactical manoeuvre and just plain getting stumped because one thing is ridiculously op Loba,s tactical makes it too easy for her to escape as the audio cue is too quiet the ability for the mastiff to knock someone one with white armour and helmet in one shot if they hit you in the head is not balanced or fun Pathfinders grapple with such a long cool down might as well be an Ultimate rather than a tactical but the biggest thing about increasing the time the grapple is that that it stops the character from being fun there is is a delicate balance between fun and power as both the person playing and the person they're up against should enjoy oi the characters they're playing standing equal chance of winning if they make the right decisions legendary weapons such as the kraber reward players for skill and lock in actually managing to obtain them even with a devotion it is no guarantee that you will win the battle if you do not take the proper position

Message 52 of 85 (329 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Axs5626Sxa5001 People are finicky from what I've seen. They mostly go along with the flow. Just look at bloodhound. Everyone knows (s)he has a big head/helmet hitbox. But people found the legend to be bottom or mid tier. The legend gets a nerf for the tactical which frankly was bad and all of a sudden people claim that it's too good and it needs to be toned down. While BH mains were like... okay good upgrade, but it still gives my location away...

So there's always gonna be two sides of the coin, but if path should be further 'punished' I honestly believe not. I don't even play the dude but I can objectively say from my perspective that any more nerfs on him are gonna make his character obsolete due to octane or wraith outPathing him.
Message 53 of 85 (312 Views)

@MikwinN11 if they touch lobas teleport speed, they better revert that path nerf

Message 54 of 85 (298 Views)

@Koochi-Q youre literally just going with the flow right now lol. This path change was so crazily unnecessary . And you go with the flow by saying “He MoVeD aLoT CuT HiS LeGs OfF dEvS” I bet if they decreased his cooldown to 5 seconds you’d be defending that

Message 55 of 85 (296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@a24zxc5411011abx wrote:

@Koochi-Q youre literally just going with the flow right now lol. This path change was so crazily unnecessary . And you go with the flow by saying “He MoVeD aLoT CuT HiS LeGs OfF dEvS” I bet if they decreased his cooldown to 5 seconds you’d be defending that

@a24zxc5411011abxYea, exactly, I'm going with the flow :D... If you have time try going back several hundreds of posts where I talk about him needing a bigger cooldown on a number of posts... but nahhh guess you won't do that since it's time consuming and there's no actual way of seeing an individual's post (as far as I know).

Either you don't exactly know what you're saying or you're trolling so wrongfully, so let me get this right...

You say "I bet if they decreased his cooldown to 5 seconds you'd be defending that", which plain and simple means that his cooldown would be 5 seconds after each use that I'd be defending that? XD How would I defend a 5 second cooldown if I'm not okay with a 15 second cooldown?

I think if you're trolling or trying to be a wiseguy you meant to say "I bet if they increased his cooldown by 5 seconds you'd be defending that", which means 5 seconds on top of the 35 he already sits on. How would I defend that if I'm not even defending this 35?

I guess what you meant to say if you were actually asking something (which I'm almost sure you're not) was "I bet if they decreased his cooldown by 5 seconds you'd be defending that", which in turn means that the 35 would be 30 seconds, yes I'd be defending that since it's a step in the right direction, but as I said 20-23 seconds would be a fair point to look at.

So tell me, which one did you mean?

Message 56 of 85 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]

nah, wow guess I really gotta simplify things around here, I am saying If they reduced his cooldown instead of increasing it, from 15 to 5 seconds you’d like that too , you’d be like “yay I love Spider-Man thank you daddy respawns please give me +xp! 😍” I’ve seen not one single post talking about path grapple. And which is it, am I too lazy to look at your posts ? Or is it impossible? Lmao. Anyway, path grapple nerf was useless, max it shoulda been was 20 sec (let me explain for you, 15 seconds + 5 seconds = what paths new cooldown should be if anything)

@Koochi-Q 

Message 57 of 85 (275 Views)

Pathfinder's Nerf too Harsh

★★★ Newbie

Pathfinder's nerf was a big shock to the Apex Community. Alll the way from 15 seonds to 35 seconds just seems unfair and it is really sad.

We have to save up our grapples and we can barely use them in fights, we wouldn't mind the nerf but this nerf is intensely horrendous.

I recommend the time to be switched from 35 seconds to 20 seconds because our boy needs a reputation.

He needs to be playable

Message 58 of 85 (275 Views)

I must say, I am enjoying the tears of all the pathfinder mains

★ Guide

Look, I enjoy pathfinder, but he was DEFINITELY the most powerful legend by a significant margin

His grapple singlehandedly lets him do the following, unmatched

-Chase down any opponent

-Flee any opponent

-Escape any sort of trap or bad situation

-Maneuver for flanks

You would think that Wraith had the best "get out of jail free" card

But no, its Pathfinder

The ONLY way you could beat a good pathfinder player was if he made SIGNIFICANT mistakes

If you broke a PF's shields, he would simply grapple away, and by the time you caught up to him again, he is back at full health

If a PF broke your shields, you couldn't escape, you were dead

His tactical is THE best in the game, bar none

I legit stopped playing as pathfinder as it just felt too cheap to play as

Havent played too much with the recent nerf, but being restricted to 1 use per a standard firefight seems absolutely fine to me

Means you cant simply escape any situation you don't like and need to THINK when to apply your tactical

Keep the change

Message 59 of 85 (310 Views)

Re: I must say, I am enjoying the tears of all the pathfinder mains

★ Expert
@Mad_Dog8762 it's amazing how many people complain about his nerf and some even complained a few hours after the update. They're not even trying to adjust.
Message 60 of 85 (302 Views)