Re: Honesty regarding Pathfinder Nerf

by a24zxc5411011abx

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q maybe you should elaborate on your statements before making bogus "ha gottem" posts then. Letting people assume things then laughing at them for not getting what you're talking about is pretty pathetic. I'm not a mind reader, I think if you don't make your point clearly and effectively, you're not really talking or discussing it with someone, you're talking at someone. 

If we're talking hypothetical, then the assumption is that you have a bandaid on, because you have a wound. Apparently in your hypothetical bandaids have some other use than keeping small wounds free of outside bacteria and debris. Bandaids are pretty specific. A general use bandage can be used for multitudes of things. Makeshift splints, applying extra grip on an object, stopping blood loss, etc. etc. 

Complaints are part of a discussion. Not saying complaints are the ONLY thing that should be on a discussion board, but if a game has major issues, lack of communication from developers, and seasons of unfixed game-breaking errors, then you should be prepared for a lot of complaints. A developer who pushes out changes without talking about it, without communicating with their player base, without any fore-word or warning just to keep their social platforms free of complaints is no better than fake reviews on terrible products. On top of that, if it's not a developer's job to listen to complaints / criticism / reviews of the product they release, then whos is it?

Message 11 of 85 (579 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@a24zxc5411011abx O-kay... and what does this have to do with what I said earlier since I still don’t see the point you’re trying to make in response to my comment?

If you said the previous thing to ppl complaining about him being OP for whatever reason I could find myself understanding your stance, but I’m not complaining about him being nerfed or him being OP. I am just glad that he finally got his tact reduced. Yet I have not complained about him being OP when he was his old self tho...
Message 12 of 85 (578 Views)

★★ Guide
@a24zxc5411011abx - 1 You’re unhappy because now you have to be more conservative with how you approach your fights?

If you didn’t see a nerf to a character that had the most superior mobility in the game then that’s unfortunate.

What other legend can launch themselves so far as he can?
what other legends can take the high grounds so easily?
People cry when balance has been put into place because they cant abuse a broken ability.

Only a pathfinder can chase down a pathfinder. like some do agree his grapple should be somewhere near 25 seconds
Message 13 of 85 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown Or... here’s something worth thinking about. Try asking beforehand for more info so you can understand what someone is doing? Did you think about doing that? I was being vague for a reason because I wanted to see the OP’s stance without revealing my own, unless he saw my other post regarding the matter. As you said, you’re not a mind reader, so try asking for more details next time. It might work better.

Hahaha you accuse me of doing something while this is the second time you do it, while me not playing that game at all. I’m not making ‘ha gottem’ posts... I made a ‘food for thought’ post and I even said it because I wanted to know what that person was thinking to better understand his train of thought. The other posts I’ve seen regarding pathfinder were all whiny post without substance. This one actually seemed worth discussing about.

There comes the assuming again but in this case it’s actually warranted. But not all ppl wear a bandaid on an open wound. Some just have a small cut, others have irritated skin or you have people like rapper Nelly who just wear them for whatever reason.

Isn’t that what I just said? That it can be part of discussing (I vaguely remember me saying so)? So many devs push out new content without explicitly discussing them beforehand. Sometimes it’s taken well, sometimes not so much.
I think complaints are more for helpdesk and such which relay the info to the devs and they do what they see fit for chances. But that’s just my take on it.
Message 14 of 85 (561 Views)

★★ Expert

Or, you can do what I do, which is to make a clear concise statement and not play devil's advocate. If you want someone's opinion, ask them for it rather than running around in circles making vague statements in order to figure out what someone is thinking. This isn't person A trying to figure out if person B is a homophobe. This is a discussion board for a game, you should've explicitly expressed who or what you're referring to.  You don't have to backtrack and say you're vagueing to see what OP's opinion is, because they've made their opinion. They don't like how the nerf was carried out. You made yours, you like how it was carried out.

OP's Opinion: "Whether you are for or against the Pathfinder grappling hook nerf, you HAVE to agree that nerfing ANY one character attribute by 133% in one update is not the way to respect a portion of any playerbase. I’m thinking they could have achieved this more gradually over time as opposed to dropping a bomb on Pathfinder mains. "

Yours: "Path was overdue a nerf for seasons now. All in one go now. Beautiful. No dilly dallying, just cut off the leg and be done with it style."

There's also a big difference between, "I'm confused and want you to elaborate more on this particular matter." and, "I don't understand who or what you're referring to as important context in this discussion." The former would have someone ask your for more information. The latter should've been expressed in the context of the post. 

"Last I checked, this was a discussion board, not a complain one, so I don’t think these forums are for complaining, but discussing things. However, complaining might accompany them, but they’re not for that purpose." The complaints are the topic of the discussion, it has been ever since the game came out. Complaints about terrible teammates, the SBMM system, ranked cheaters, hit-reg issues, lag, unstable servers, etc. etc. have all been topics of discussion. Not a part OF A discussion, but THE discussion itself. 

Perhaps if you were less vague this discussion would go more smoothly. As it stands, all the inferred tone I'm getting from you is a "holier than thou" attitude. I'm no stranger to microaggressions.

"As you said, you’re not a mind reader, so try asking for more details next time. It might work better."

Message 15 of 85 (538 Views)

@ILikeGlueHmm yea god forbid legends be unique.

Message 16 of 85 (511 Views)

@pastaclown yea i cant imagine every feeling that harshly about path, cut his legs off?? lol... i havent heard ever that he deserves that nerf, ive heard hit box only

Message 17 of 85 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@a24zxc5411011abx Pathfinder's hitbox was a big topic of debate as some of his skins make him a lot wider than he actually is, leading to shots seeming going through his model. Aiming for the little face on his torso has always worked for me, though it can be harder to spot at a distance. 

As for my opinion on the nerf, I haven't noticed a difference. I only ever used grapple to move towards guaranteed advantageous positions, both offensively and defensively, and tried not to rely too heavily on it. 

On topic, my opinion is the same as OP. The nerf was handled poorly and unceremoniously, without proper communication or reason, and is consistent with how the developers have treated the community thus far. Ignoring most if not all valid criticisms of the game, and pushing whatever update they have. 

Message 18 of 85 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@pastaclownSo... what I did in my post asking them what their stance was on a matter I find connected to the topic is not ‘asking them for it’? I asked the OP for it and you come with your inferrals and we have this nice discussion about something entirely different. So this was a person A wanting something about person B, but a person C pops up kinda situation. But that’s okay cause I like a good discussion. I asked my question to the person, so I did what you wanted me to do. The only thing I didn’t made clear is why I asked said question.

I haven’t backtracked at all. The OP gave his opinion about the Pathfinder nerf yes. That’s why I didn’t ask about that, but asked about other similar situations to see what he thinks about that so I can better understand it. People tend to answer questions more openly and thoroughly (more thinking involved) if you ask about similar experiences instead of asking directly why they think something about something because their mind is dead set on an answer already (just a lil detour I had to make).

The OP’s opinion was about the fact that the 133% was too harsh. My opinion only speaks about a nerf itself. I’m not talking about the 133% part. Like I said before, if I (dis)agreed with his standpoint, it could affect the way he interacts with me. If I ask more questions I could give my opinion on the severity of the matter more openly that can lead into a healthy discussion.

Can’t argue with your discussion comment. Right as reign. But that’s why they’re a part of it imo but it may differ for you. It never turns into a discussion if it’s about complaints. It’s just a back and forth of insults or counter complaints.

Nope, this discussion was set to go between me and the OP. You have an opinion on my tone which you may, but that was not what I wanted to discuss. I actually find the discussion running smoothly. Just sensing a little hostility since you don’t like the way I’m presenting myself, which is always good in a discussion in my book.
Lolz Well it’s certainly quite amazing if you get the ‘holier than thou’ feeling from a guy who’s neither religious nor condescending. But that might also be the case for me sensing hostility while you may say that you’re not at all hostile. We can’t help the way we feel.

For that last part my offer still stands. If you want to know more, just ask me. Or look at other threads regarding the pathfinder nerf to see what my stance is on the matter.

Message 19 of 85 (486 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Pathfinder hasn't lost any ability.

His tactical *still* has the same function.

He *still* has one of the most useful Ults in the game.

All that's changed is you can't catapult yourself 10 miles away from your teammates and start wildly pinging.

There's no need to be grappling so frequently, other than it giving you an unbalanced advantage. 

Message 20 of 85 (456 Views)