Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Honest opinion from a fanboy who is leaving Anthem

by Sekurity

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Honest opinion from a fanboy who is leaving Anthem

★★★ Apprentice
@Aedensin ,
Exact same thing here. As I said, im a fan boy. I was going on youtube and nailing all the content creators who were * on Anthem because it seems like people were just dissing it because it's an EA product. But now I'm at the point where I myself have to walk away. Not forever, just for maybe a few months and then come back and see if it's worthy of my time again. Act 1 certainly won't renew my interest.
Message 41 of 87 (120 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Pretty sure Anthem was the number one selling game of February 2019.

Message 42 of 87 (154 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@munkt0r,
Ok? I'm not understanding why you're bringing this up even if it is true. With EA and Bioware being big game companies, it's logical that it would be #1.....for 1 month.....even for the year at that current time considering it's only the 2nd month into the year with no other game being released......
Was there any specific reason why you brought this up?

Message 43 of 87 (150 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
Give ir a break, dk what i do. Dailies, alliance (about a day of grind) then take a break for the rest of the week
Message 44 of 87 (138 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

@Sekurity wrote:

As far as my statement about the open world being an illusion, I explained it quite clear. 80% of it us empty and useless. Mountain/cliff sides are built just as boundaries. Theres nothing up there. As far as the open terrain, most of it is empty with the random harvesting nodes here and there. Flying to point A to B on lets say a contract, you catch maybe 1 or 2 harvesting nodes that give you garbage materials and thats it. You spend most of your time flying past an empty world with a couple outpost of enemies/wildlife here and there. You have all the way at the top to ground level to fly in. But if theres no reason to explore and you are still going from point A to B but just a little higher, then yes, it's the illusion of an open world.

Man, you must be fun to be on a hiking trip with. “What is the point of all this walking just to sit down and have a sandwich? I could have just gotten a sandwich at a fast food joint. All this outdoor space is empty and useless.”

You find all kinds of stuff if you explore. Codex entries. Collectibles. Awesome views. Grabbits. It gives you a sense of scale of the world, and space to enjoy that whole flying mechanic. If exploring just isn’t your thing, that’s one thing, but I disagree that it’s “useless” or “an illusion” unless you can’t go five feet without running into mobs and harvest nodes to farm.

There are also better or worse places to be looking for specific harvest nodes. But you gotta explore to find them.

do you consider it a "hiking trip" to walk on a treadmill day after day in the same featureless room facing a blank wall?

Message 45 of 87 (126 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@buddahcjcc   MWO is a pvp game... not a rpg.

phantasy star online was a mmo and it followed almost this exact formula.. but with way more+better drops.

Message 46 of 87 (123 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@munkt0r wrote:

Pretty sure Anthem was the number one selling game of February 2019.

Would also be number one refunded if not for Origins within-24-hours-of-first-launch refund policy. If it would be 24 hours of PLAYTIME.....would give enough time to play the story and get to the "end game" and notice all that's lacking.

I'd refund this now if I could, especially after that "new content" stream.

Message 47 of 87 (119 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SekurityI see it as they stole a lot of "cool" features from a lot of different games without comprehending WHY the features worked for those games. the loot especially, its like they have nowhere near enough loot to support the system they use and that ties into the crafting because if we cant craft yellows no orange is going to do us any good. the whole faction thing is a nice concept.. except that I dont think any of us know nearly enough about them to care what happens with them one way or the other. why is there a ranger class? was it a "4 shall be thy number" situation? because as much as I see them as second best they are pretty directionless. but we have a plot.. its no better than the drivel you used to see in any marvel comic.. but theres a plot that doesn't really tie much of anything together. why does freeplay exist!? is it supposed to be cathartic to a pilot to just go out and kill things?

its just lacking. its easy to sell me a game, make it science fiction based and you are 90% of the way there.. but theres no carrot in this game. anyone with a bit of sense sees that its an endless cycle of disappointment and once that veil is lifted its going to be REALLY hard to come back.

as for it being best selling game of the month.. BS! Microsoft does this nonsense too. what they did is took everyone who had a sub to premier and counted them all as copies sold. 

oh yea.. the devs not feeling they should lower themselves to use these forums also got them +10 f* you points!

Message 48 of 87 (112 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@MagikarpsGhost ,
Sadly that's what I've been doing for the last couple weeks. That is even becoming a chore. But Div2 just came out, so that will keep me occupied for a bit.
Message 49 of 87 (89 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@NiteSkyLkr wrote:

Destiny 1 was no perfect gleaming game off the bat nor Warframe...which I played day one with the PS4 Launch. All games have had a sort of...Growing Pains...element to them. But Anthem is by no means the total mess and unplayable as some have made it out to be.

Destiny 1 and Warframe had all the basic industry standard core features. Warframe came out on 3-25-13 on PC which I play. Warframe didn't launch on console till more than 1.5 years after. You had a well polished game in need of usual patches to get it rolling on consoles. You might not have liked what Warframe offered, but at least it has an unheard of amount of weapons, "warframe suits," and tons of content. Oh....did I mentioned they did this all on a free to play model?

Anthem is not unplayable. I still like the concept, I enjoy the combat, and I would like the "open world" if there was more in it and reasons to go explore places that are pointless to explore. But right now you are only flying around at ground level to look for nodes and world events

Message 50 of 87 (84 Views)
Twitter Stream