Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Honest opinion from a fanboy who is leaving Anthem

by Sekurity

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Haruchai01,
Well the thing about respect is you have to give a little to get a little. When you decide to come on and be the white knight calling most of what I say nonsense and belittle my intelligence by stating my points are invalid unless I have coding or development experience, being disrespectful gets disrespect. Simple as that.

As far as your silly industry standards being pay to win, lootboxes, and 20 hour completion games nonsense. That's just ignorant. You know exactly what I was talking about, but since you got push back, you're becoming butthurt and now you're once again trying to belittle my opinion with more lies and disrespect. What do you expect to get out of this?

I handle criticism quite well. Look at the post of people who didn't agree with me. There was no disrespect. There was healthy debate.
It's only children who get butt hurt then go dramatically overboard with your insults like an angry 13 year old boy going through puberty angry at his parent.

If you can't act like a grown up, then quit putting yourself into public situations and embarrassing yourself.

Our conversation is over.

Message 61 of 87 (114 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Things will only be going up from here. This is just the beginning. It's ok to play other things while things come along.
Message 62 of 87 (114 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DanteYoda ,
I enjoyed myself leveling up and playing for a bit, but where new games always seem to fail is endgame. I'm not quite too sure why, Devs know this.

As of right now maybe it is, but we still got a long way to go for more titles to come out that could take that award.
Message 63 of 87 (112 Views)

★ Apprentice
@AssassinoX1 ,
I truly hope so. Anthem has great potential and a lot of games get better with time. I just don't understand why every game has to go through these common sense additions to the game that take time putting them in as well as takes time for us to post feedback about it.
Message 64 of 87 (110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Sekurity wrote:

@Haruchai01,
Well the thing about respect is you have to give a little to get a little. When you decide to come on and be the white knight calling most of what I say nonsense and belittle my intelligence by stating my points are invalid unless I have coding or development experience, being disrespectful gets disrespect. Simple as that.

As far as your silly industry standards being pay to win, lootboxes, and 20 hour completion games nonsense. That's just ignorant. You know exactly what I was talking about, but since you got push back, you're becoming butthurt and now you're once again trying to belittle my opinion with more lies and disrespect. What do you expect to get out of this?

I handle criticism quite well. Look at the post of people who didn't agree with me. There was no disrespect. There was healthy debate.
It's only children who get butt hurt then go dramatically overboard with your insults like an angry 13 year old boy going through puberty angry at his parent.

If you can't act like a grown up, then quit putting yourself into public situations and embarrassing yourself.

Our conversation is over.

@Sekurity You cannot handle criticism as you have so ably shown, just another lie. Yes I said that a lot of the reasons you gave were guff and I offered an explanations as to why, how do you respond, by claiming I was lying. You tell untruths as someone that does it too easily. I suggest based on your response to my first post, its you that are embarrassing yourself, even your "this conversation is over" is a juvenile mechanism. Your use of the word 'fanboy' is false as what would that make us that remain? I read a lot of your replies, they were dismissive as if only your opinion matters and generally you only ceded ground where they aligned with your own view. The fact that you feel a need to justify your stance betrays you.

You resort to insults instead of debate after feebly trying to take the high stance, and then claim that I act like an adolescent, seriously we are better off without you here in my view.

Message 65 of 87 (94 Views)

★★ Guide

considering for the map to be 100% populated would literally mean wall to wall enemies I think his estimate is generous if anything.

..and yea the dreamcast was like a decade ahead of its time. shame sega hates America.

Message 66 of 87 (88 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TROUBLEWITHTOIL ,
Yeap. I'm certainly not asking for 100% or even 50%. Clearly there has to be non habitable areas of the map. But there could be like enemy transports roaming around so those empty areas do get some traffic.
Message 67 of 87 (84 Views)

Champion

I read a book, A. I stayed up all night to finish it.

But there is so much more room for character development.

Book B's characters were much better fleshed out.

Why wasn't there a romance between X and Y?

There should have been much more fight scenes. The author should have checked book C for inspiration.

The book I read before had 1000 pages, this one only 500. That's way too short for a proper story arc.

I found some typos. I wonder whether the author knows the alphabet.

I know there is a sequel planned. Probably because the publisher can make more money that way. They need to publish it by end of next week.

But if it doesn't contain the romance between X and Y I'm not going to read that garbage.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 68 of 87 (73 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@frauzet,
I somewhat understand your point . But if the author classified the book as a romance, and the romance only occurred for 1 to 2 chapters and then moved to a sci fi thriller for the last 13 chapters, with the neat effect of adding a few blank pages per chapter in there for "Reasons," there's an issue.
Also, 1 typo, Ok. Numerous typo's someone failed at their job and it will effect sales due to the lack of oversight. Also, I would argue that the author left out some "standard" words commonly used in the English language for no reason. Has nothing to do with getting more profit.

Message 69 of 87 (70 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Sekurity wrote:
@TROUBLEWITHTOIL,
That was another issue that I forgot to mention. The endgame gearing. Even though I am well past it, I can understand the issue because I went through it.
Going from hard to GM1 to gear up was a bit rough as a storm.
Going from purple to masterwork components is a CRAZY amount of armor and shield increase. Being full purple components, and getting 1 masterwork gives you MORE armor and shields than all 6 components combined....who thought this was ok? It only started feeling OK after I got 2 to 3 masterwork components. I'm no noob either, I enjoy difficult content. But it feels like they missed a step in the middle of epic to masterwork.

Mission consumables, you have used them right? I used them the second I join any Master content. It made a difference as I got into a group where everyone expect me kept going down in my first contract. We beat it and it took a while but it was what it was. I than ran two more as the gear I got had zero luck and I know how valuable luck is in Anthem. I continued to run content on Master with my epic gear until I had almost 500 Gear Score prior to the update. I wish I would have spent more time grinding out with my epic luck gear as I had quite a bit of luck and it took me until this week to get it back. 

This game open world is bigger than any other open world game I have played, but the devs also restrict us to only four javelins in free play. I would like to see more players in the free play instance but it is what it is; if it helps them manage their servers better, so be it. 

Anthem maybe a loot shooter but bioware tends to create story driven games. Have you tried to replay the game story selecting different options? I'm asking as it does change the story flow, not a lot but enough to make it worth replaying the game; whereas other loot shooters and mmos you don't have another option in the story, so you always play the same story making the story boring, Bioware gives us a bit more flexibility. That is if you decide to replay the story.

The other thing if you only play one javelin the game will get boring fast, really fast. I play the javelin and I'm enjoying the variation in combat between them. My favorite is the storm but each one is unique and makes it worth playing them if you want a change in pace to the game. 

I know Anthem has its issues but tell me one game that doesn't have bug or an issue with gameplay. They all have something wrong with them, you may not see it but someone else will and because of that, no game is ever perfect. 

I know I'm not playing as much Anthem as I did at launch, mainly because I want the sun to come out so I can play outside and enjoy the outdoor life again. 

Message 70 of 87 (65 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help