Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Honest opinion from a fanboy who is leaving Anthem

by Kharn121

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@IxNoZxI ,
I agree. If you are going into a Stronghold, all mobs should be required to die. If not, you get this issue where people will want to skip to the end or to boxes as quick as possible because as of right now, that's the best way to get loot sadly.

They also need to balance the strongholds. Right now its only efficient to run Tyrant Mines because pugs have no issues with it.
Message 11 of 87 (322 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@GrenadGoat ,
Same here. If there's no progression and all loot is getting deleted, what is the point to play when getting decent loot is nonexistent.
Message 12 of 87 (323 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Let me be one more of the many voices and say I completely agree with this. I so badly want this game to get better, to be more than what it is. Quick play missions are constantly glitched. And being locked out of an area during a mission by a crystal wall sucks.

Message 13 of 87 (313 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Well...as far as I know and as long as I've been gaming...I've never seen or herd of any game that came out WITHOUT issue or parts that needs change, tweaks or an overhaul. I've seen post here complain and comparing it to more established games acting as if it were around a year or so instead of four weeks. Destiny 1 was no perfect gleaming game off the bat nor Warframe...which I played day one with the PS4 Launch. All games have had a sort of...Growing Pains...element to them. But Anthem is by no means the total mess and unplayable as some have made it out to be.

With the Loot...it's by no means the poorest loot system ever...Destiny 1 and even Destiny 2....1/2 the conversations on the forums since day one has been about Loot Issues along with Nerfs & Buffs. Would you want Anthem to start making Stronghold take say 2-4 hours to finish and then get some junk you don't need or want or doesn't go to some character you have or the 6th Sniper or Assault Rifle?

As I recall, even while starting out, didn't we get all sorts of Greens, Blues and Purples with various stats, abilities and gear? I don't recall too much fuss over that...since that's part of the game. I sure don't expect for some Mastercraft item that I'm specifically looking for with the near perfect stat to have a 1 in 5 chance to drop after doing a run. be like someone expecting 4-5 MK's to drop every run. Grinding for MK here is no different than over in Destiny or Diablo or wherever...

Story is fine and not the end...more is coming so it's not the final chapter....

Open World...gives an illusion....I'm not certain how anyone can call this world mostly useless...nor the ones who say it's dull & boring. But hey, I'm sure there's plenty of other games out there with far bigger and better worlds that one can fly, swim, run, walk with tons of stuff to do...

Freeplay...yea...they need to make it a bit more enticing and ad something like a 'Call for Help'...or when a World Event is for everyone to see...as right now they only trip when your close.

Don't think they can go with customized armor since they went with the separate gear, ability and weapons...but instead went with cosmetic. I don't want individual armor pieces like in Destiny where the next crying would be...'I'm constantly getting the same useless armor I already have or getting stuff I don't use" Instead maybe see...Gear Sets...where you get some bonuses with matching gear items. But who knows....

Message 14 of 87 (312 Views)
Highlighted

I'd just be happy if the stupid thing could play for half an hour without crashing.

Message 15 of 87 (308 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Sekurity wrote:

Freeplay is extremely empty, lonely, and deserted. You're unable to put a waypoint on a map. You don't know where the world events are, so you have to go out of game and look at maps done by players to look for the spawn points. (I know it's coming, but it should have been in at launch)

I can generally see where you’re coming from on most other points, but this one confuses me. I keep seeing people that say they can’t find any world events in freeplay, but any time I play – they’re frickin everywhere. Like, literally, I almost wish there were fewer of them, because sometimes I just want to explore solo, but everywhere I go there is someone calling in for help fending off Scars, or a relic that needs getting silenced, Dominion gating in, or who knows what else. Especially in the area around the fort, in the Honor Valley, etc. I think there may be fewer events spawning the farther you go into the wilderness, but even then, there tends to be something happening anywhere I go.

I’m not saying you’re making this up, but I feel like you’re either experiencing a bug, or triggering some kind of game mechanic that suppresses the generation of the world events. In particular, a lot of people assume that world events just happen randomly all over the map and you need to be flying all over the map looking for them. But I think the way it actually works is the other way around – only the areas around the players are actually loaded on the server, and you may need to slow down and enjoy the scenery for a bit before the server decides to generate an event near you.

There may also be some sort of a system where the server communicates with all the clients in the area and tries to ensure everyone has all the relevant resources loaded before the event actually appears. If someone in freeplay has the game installed on a slow HDD that is barely keeping up with loading the basic scenery, that could result in issues where the world events never appear because they never get properly loaded on the client side.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 16 of 87 (300 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

I'd just be happy if the stupid thing could play for half an hour without crashing.

I play for hours without crashing, when I actually get the time to play. What are you playing it on? When was the last time you cleaned out the dust and so on?

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

Message 17 of 87 (296 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

It's gotta be a bug because I have times like you where I can't keep up with all the crap going on and times where I'm literally flying around for 10 minutes trying to find a brute to kill. The servers are most definitely fubar at the moment. I was playing earlier doing a world event and got through the "find corvus intel" part and the final boss took 3 full minutes to spawn in....

Message 18 of 87 (287 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
I absolutely love this game and wish for it to succeed. But I haven't logged on in over a week. I kept getting Legendary components for a Javelin I never used. 2 out of the 4 Legendaries I got were for the Interceptor when I only play Storm.

I work a full time job that leaves me with maybe 3 hours a day of free time. That gave me enough time for Legendary Contracts after work. But with the abysmal drop rate, and throwing in junk for other javelins, I don't see myself ever having the time to make a Legendary Storm Javelin.
Message 19 of 87 (224 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

Yea, between that and all the player data issues, even after the server maintenance yesterday, it sure seems like there is something wonky happening server-side. I also wonder if all the quitting before the final fight in the HoR could be part of causing these kinds of issues.

Message 20 of 87 (283 Views)
Twitter Stream