Homing pea damage

by Mysterymaster_OP

Original Post

Homing pea damage

Kind of a short post.
While using the Homing pea upgrade for peashooter, i noticed i was sometimes doing 54 damage on a direct hit, instead of the usual 34 damage.
What's going on?
i removed the homing pea upgrade and i never saw the 54 damage again.

Message 1 of 20 (781 Views)

Re: Homing pea damage

Champion
@Mysterymaster_OP I notice the exact same thing with the damage, but I did not realise that it had anything to do with Homing Pea. Thanks for informing me! I do run the Homing Pea upgrade on my Peashooter because I am obnoxious.
Message 2 of 20 (763 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Mysterymaster_OP & @TheSprinter85 

How strange. I used homing pea for a long time, but stopped using it, because I figured I dealt less damage with it. When I aim for the had the pea always moves away from it and instead of dealing 34 damage I only ended up dealing 14 most of the time. Therefore, I removed the upgrade from my Peashooter. Since doing so I perform about 15% better with Peashooter.

I have never seen this upgrade doing more damage. Is there a chance one of you has a Screenshot or small video clip where this can be seen? It would be interesting to know if it actually deals more damage or whether it is only a visual glitch like with Chomper / Super Brainz displaying more damage output than they actually deal.

Message 3 of 20 (754 Views)

★★ Pro
@Mysterymaster_OP look, I don’t think it’s related to homing peas, it’s because the pea has a shot that works like this, 20 direct damage, 14 splash, so it turns out that sometimes the game detects that there was 2 times the collision of the direct hit added to the 14 of splash, in the same way it is normal to notice that the pea does only 20 damage, because the game did not detect the splash damage, this can happen to the engineer, Oak, pea and 80's.
Message 4 of 20 (745 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk The 2 times collision of the direct would explain it. If this is true, they should fix it quickly.
Message 5 of 20 (743 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r well, the best example I can give of this is when I play as an engineer and I manage to kill the nightcap with just one shot, because one shot of mine bugged and was detected 2 times.

But in general this only happens when you are with LAG.
Message 6 of 20 (740 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk The nightcap and Engineer example is great! I remember that happening to me as well, so it is likely this is the problem that affects everyone. Thank you for explaining this Standard smile!
Message 7 of 20 (737 Views)

Champion

I just couldn’t explain the 54 damage thing before. The Peashooter would sometimes randomly deal this much damage, not particularly often, but sometimes. 

Do I have footage @benn1nat0r? I do not, but I could try and get some tomorrow while I get some footage for my upcoming guides if you wish?

Message 8 of 20 (705 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@TheSprinter85 I guess footage is not required anymore after @gametrieuk explained how this happens. So now we have confirmation it's not just a visual glitch. Looking forward to those guides, though Wink.

Message 9 of 20 (687 Views)

So basically... this is because the game has horrendous hit detection and lag?
nice, something to add to my collection of "major BFN problems".

Message 10 of 20 (659 Views)