Re: Hits But No Damage?

by Huntinwabits

Original Post

Hits But No Damage?

★★ Expert

No not a, "Where are my shots going?" complaint, but more of a, "Why are they hitting but not doing damage?" How many times must I lose a fight because suddenly my rounds are made of paper and do nothing? Just now I was fighting a pathfinder with an EVA-8. Two chest shots to blue armor, all pellets on target, that's 126 damage no headshots. One more shot, Path jumps, two pellets hit, that's 143 damage. He has 32 health left (75 blue + 100 base), one more shot straight to the chest will finish him, I point, I click, I hear the gun go off, I see the sparks of multiple pellets hitting Path in the mid-riff area, and...! Nothing. I start to reload having seen sparks, believing he had died. He's still alive, he downs me with his R-99 much to my dismay. Where'd my pellets go? Why do I see sparks if supposedly I've missed? How am I seeing sparks, if behind him is a wooden wall? I see sparks, not splinters.

Another scenario, using a Wingman in Bone Town. Sighted a Bangalore, far off. Aimed, fired, shot lands, I see the distortion from hitting a white shielded enemy, I hear the sound of the round hitting the target, Bangalore does not move. Odd. Sighted again, fired, aiming for the head, miscalculate drop and the round splinters into her side. Only THEN do I get a hit marker, the little icon that she's got white shielding, and only then does she move. Where'd my first round go? 

Same Bone Town, same Wingman. Open a door, surprise! Lifeline! Snap to target's head correctly, trigger happy left index fires round straight into her leg. Blood spatter, the sound of hitting an unshielded target, no damage. Almost die, hipfire a shot blessed from God straight into her skull and down her. But, where'd my first shot go? I had landed 3 shots on her, the first that hit but did no damage, a second to the chest, and a final saved by God one. 

Yet ANOTHER scenario. Squad drops in that weird half town to the left of the Thunderdome. Another squad drops, Wraith + 2 Vs. My squad. My squad gets downed immediately, and I am forced to 1v3. Two knocks with an R-99, simple now onto Wraith. Blue shielding, whittled down with the last few rounds of my R-99, switch to God's favored weapon, the Mozambique. Two rounds, on target, 6 "pellets" hit, 2 to the head, no shielding on either of us. She has an estimated 40-60 health left, easy enough to tear down with 2 more Mozam shots. She pushes, I take aim, snap to head and pull the trigger. 1 shot fired, she's close enough so all 3 pellets hit straight to her head. Easy win! Before I can fire another shot, she shoots me with her peacekeeper, I die. Where'd my Mozambique pellets go? Not only did I not miss (as evidenced by the lack of bullet impacts behind her) the game only gave me ONE headshot pellet with the Mozam round I fired. 

Thought I was done? Unfortunately not. Drop Water Treatment plant, teammate fires onto an enemy Gibralter with no shields (evidenced by the blood spatter) with an Alternator, 5 rounds hit before Gib's dome shield comes up. Before it came up, I had sighted on him and fired a short burst with my R-99, 6 of 18 rounds fired, 1 miss, 5 hit with blood spatter. No down. Why? I only got damage for 2 of the rounds. 

I could go on! I have EVEN more instances of my rounds not landing. I'm tired of losing duels or knocking a player due to my shots hitting but dealing no damage. What's causing this, is there anything I can do, or what exactly should I be doing? 

Message 1 of 9 (6,283 Views)

★ Pro

Yeh same thing, I seen multiple hit markers when I shot the guy 5-6 times ok,  now I die as USUAL in 2 shots, so I look at my damage I did, it said 0...…… yeh this is no joke I did say ZERO  after MULTIPLE hit marks,  YEAH  OK

Message 2 of 9 (6,278 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have gad this happen alot. For me it's propably due to having to play with high ping of 200 to 220ms as we have no server in Africa. It really sucks.

Message 3 of 9 (6,250 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The severs are trash and it won’t get any better until the actually invest and servers.

Message 4 of 9 (6,186 Views)

★ Guide

These are the EA servers. The worst servers many people have ever seen. Taking damage behind cover by any chance? Blame EA for their servers. Problem is these are so inconsistent, i'm having days when all my shots go in, everything works as intended, other days i do full on bodyshot with Peacekeeper and do 8 damage, 11 or 20. This is the thing i hate most about Apex, their servers. Nothing else (besides cheaters), ruin your gameplay experience more than bad servers, the biggest problem is that it's something in their control, they can make things better, EA can do better servers, BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO, so how can i trust them to do something about cheaters aswell?

My latency to the server is 32ms, my ISP ping is 11ms, which btw is gigabit plan.

Worst servers in any BR game. See for yourselves.

https://youtu.be/9PfFPW9a90w

https://youtu.be/WMr8PTjMNvY

Message 5 of 9 (6,173 Views)

★ Guide

Was watching Grimms play the other night and only half his bullets was real (shooting blanks). My ping to all servers is 155 and 0 packet loss.... Theres no way this is right!  They said on Reddit awhile back that they was working on the servers but it keeps getting worse! I can't even play as I am timed out ever 5 mins! They need to either get better servers or hire some one who knows what they are doing! Pls pls pls do not give a bs scripted response about port fowarding and nat ect. I have been pc gaming since win 95 and never had this with any other game EVER. There is nothing wrong on my end and it will just p me off.

Message 6 of 9 (6,147 Views)

★ Novice
@pastaclown bug still there no dmg on downed from over 2m like not even 1 dmg and from 1m in chest also non happened in arena
Message 7 of 9 (3,120 Views)

★★★ Pro

EA's default position is that its a problem on your end, cut and paste standard useless troubleshooting response and its case solved.  Reminds me of when I had to call Virgin Media about a problem with my broadband, I knew it was a problem but didn't any notification yet about issues in my area so I bit the bullet and had to call them.  The guy actually asked me to unplug the network cable from my PC and the router and swap the ends . . . I just walked away from the phone for a minute and came back to tell him I had done it, it was either that or start cursing at him.

Highly unlikely you would ever get a useful response from EA on here.

Message 8 of 9 (3,110 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@MotherPhoker While Respawn gets to hide behind the really bad EA support it is they, not EA, who can solve the issue with server config's to resolve these issues. Real problem is they never had anyone on their team who can optimize their server config (netcode).

I have shared those Battlenonsense videos since the first one Chris made. Eveyone know the problem is Respawn but somehow someway there are tons of people that ignore how bad the game performs.
Message 9 of 9 (3,092 Views)