Hitbox

by MyCanklesHurt

Original Post

Hitbox

★ Guide

All legends need to be the same size you cant balance them without doing this. Lifeline and wraith will always be better than caustic and Gibraltar, just because you cant land shots on them as often.

Even if you buff you both caustic and Gibraltar to take 15 or even 20% less damage it won't matter because i can still land ever shot on them where as fighting lifeline and wraith you cant nerf damage that doesn't connect in the first place.

Message 1 of 6 (1,046 Views)

Re: Hitbox

Champion (Retired)

@MyCanklesHurtThe patch early next week includes fixes to Gibraltar and Caustic. After that we'll get a better idea of how effective 'Fortified' is.

"ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES

• Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
  • Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
    • Admittedly, it’s been fun to see the results of this, but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control. Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield. However, it will now deflect Arc Stars."

Source.

But I guess that as with a lot of things it depends on what use you make of Gibraltar and whether you have a nice squad. Apex Legends is a squad based game so I think it's fair to say that some of the Legends benefit more from a cohesive squad.

Also, rather than saying Gibraltar is bad perhaps you could flip that and say Gibraltar is more difficult and therefore requires more skill to play. He has greater potential but he also has some downside which mean it takes more player ability to get the most out of him. Maybe after the patch we will see more players using him and his advantages will become more evident. Wondering

Oh well, the proof's in the pudding. As they say. Tongue out

Message 2 of 6 (1,038 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Actually pathfinder hitbox is located in Narnia good luck landing hits on him/It

Message 3 of 6 (1,021 Views)

★ Guide

Having a Caustic or a Gibraltar on your team already puts you at a disadvantage right from the get go, having both in your team it becomes nearly impossible to win.

It doesnt matter how much of a reasonable damage reduction buff they give those two, they will always be the inferior pick for any squad.

I can easily down either Caustic or Gibraltar with a stock R-99 or R-301, it becomes a different story when im facing the other 7 legends as their smaller hitboxes mean if im my aim isn't on point i will have to either reload my gun, swap to my other gun or worse i get knocked down.

I don't what this Wraith and Lifeline nerf are going to be (probably +10% damage taken) but it wont matter because if you cant hit me then that damage debuff wont mean a thing.

Message 4 of 6 (990 Views)

★ Pro
@MyCanklesHurt I have said the same thing
Message 5 of 6 (968 Views)

★★★ Expert

Gibraltar can win from any legend as long as you hit your shots.

Effectively having 175 armor + 100 health basically makes a gibby outlast you, if you're both hitting your shots (lets Imagine you both have R301's) 

Where it falls flat is if you're too close range to an enemy it may be easy for them to land headshots aiming over the top of your shield.

And that 75 shield absorb won't stem the tide if you get focus fired, or flanked from the side or shot in the back.

A gibby who is facing you in a 1v1 has a good chance of downing you with good aim, it's just that it's far too situational and rare for Gibraltar to be good.

Message 6 of 6 (927 Views)