Betreff: Hit registration

by Robbiesan11

Original Post

Hit registration

★★ Novice

So I can't find any topics on the forum, and don't know if the devs are even aware, so I decided to just make a post of my own. I've seen several people show hits not registering, and I run plasburst, so it's painfully obvious when my hits don't register.

Here's a clip from a stream last night. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/764005307

About 70 percent of my shots that I saw land on target just like this one didn't register. As a plasburst main on interceptor it gets quite frustrating.

Anyone else noticing the issue, and are the devs aware?

Message 1 of 9 (1,430 Views)

Re: Hit registration

★★★★★ Novice

It's because you are connected to a lobby that has very high ping for you. OCE players are getting shafted at the moment because the chances of us connecting to a European(unplayable) or NA(barely playable) lobby is way way higher than us connecting to a local oceanic lobby. Basically we spend all day trying to find a game with low ping and good hit reg in a AAA title, its ef'in stupid

Worst part is there is practically 0 acknowledgment from the devs about this, Charlemagne said they are looking into it but it's not even on the list of known issues released today. AFAIK this is effecting EVERYONE I know of playing the game, really poor form imo

Message 2 of 9 (1,410 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Devs know about the server lag but haven't acknowledged it thus far. 

Look in the bug and tech sections for similar reports. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,376 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, we are getting shafted.  It feels like 90% of my games are in Europe.

Why connect me to Europe when I am in Australia?

Message 4 of 9 (1,368 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think that's the case for me. My ping in matches are sub 20 ms as I live right next to major datacenters.

Message 5 of 9 (1,336 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@DeeJanis Your ping in local matches will be sub 20ms yes. The problem is the game is not always putting people in the same geographical regions together and if you're in a smaller region it's more often than not matching you into larger ones on the other side of the world. I consider myself lucky to connect to an NA lobby because that is at least playable from OCE, half the time I connect to a match with EU players and can't damage anything.
Message 6 of 9 (1,316 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@DeeJanis wrote:

I don't think that's the case for me. My ping in matches are sub 20 ms as I live right next to major datacenters.

we havnt had any official word from EA yet - because they dont seem to want to acknowledge the problem....

But most of us who are having issues are guessing they use a Peer to Peer connection model - and it is NOT region locked.

SO it does not matter how good your "personal" net connection is - at all.   What matters is how well youa re connecting to whatever "host" is in charge of the "lobby"

I have a GREAT connection for Australia.  Im on NBN, which is a Fibre to the Node setup. My node is about 50 meters away and the local datacentre is only about 1.5KM away.   I had the wiring redone in my house and out to the street a few years ago because I started working from home.  I use top end Asus gaming network stuff in my house and I run it wired, not wireless.   I get 85mbps DL speeds on average, often better and my local pings are very low just like yours.

However  only about 1 in 5 of my multiplayer matches is really what i'd call playable.

Like you - my remaining matches I can do things like line up behind a Ywing, using rapidfire lasers on a TI...go through 2 or 3 laser recharge bars...and they wont take ANY damage.  Missles too.

Ive had it where Im flying in open space one second, and the next ive crashed into an asteroid or debris that wasnt there a moment ago.

Another point to make is that , you have NO idea what your ping in matches is...because theres no ping indicator in the game?  Unless you found one hidden somewhere I havnt been able to find.

Something that came up from the Steam forums, is the idea that whoever is Titan or Vanguard ONE is the host...  WHenever I am "ONE" is generally when all my best matches are.  Leads myself and some others to think when youa re designated as Titan or Vanguard ONE (whoever connects first)  youa re then the host of that match,

Message 7 of 9 (1,294 Views)

★★ Novice

To me it looks like this

https://youtu.be/dfBZtYYl41M

I have No hitreg problems in Bf4 or any other game but this is ......

Message 8 of 9 (1,216 Views)

★★★ Guide
@LesterGrossman I've had this happen on occasion. While I understand extra health, dealing no damage while peppering the target with shots is completely another story.
Message 9 of 9 (1,205 Views)