Re: Hitreg still a massive problem!

by Spidder81

Original Post

Hit reg issues, TTK vs TTD inconsistency.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Just left another game for the same reason as i left the last 3 games. you can shoot a whole clip on an enemy, well aimed, only getting 2 or 3 hitmarkers, the enemy turns around, 1 or 2 bullets and i’m dead while i was reloading. 

dice/ea, this is a core issue in an fps game. Plz fix it cause it makes the game unplayable. 

I’m not the only one having this problem. Its frustrating!! Makes me wanna t-bag someone

this is gameplay of myself not getting hit registration. You can see for yourself ea/dice:

https://youtu.be/MabBr7jyXN4

(changed the name of the topic to the reflect the conversations better) - Atic

Message 1 of 1,343 (21,834 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@cornybbq2 Yes, there's a big problem with hit reg, but I'm gonna pass on the juvenile t-bagging stuff.
Message 2 of 1,343 (21,775 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Agreed @cornybbq2 ,

This is a massive problem for most of the players still and needs urgent fix for the game to be worthwhile coming back to and play it more...

One of the reasons for the bullet sponging we are many to observe may be to the fact that EA actually have not set up sufficient servers in proximity of the players geographic locations.  Ake for what we have heard feedback on so far:  No servers for South America, no servers for South Africa, no servers for the Middle East, no servers for ANZ, no servers to cover the Asia Pacific region Singapore, India...  (think though we have servers in Japan?).

But as EA/DICE have very conveniently removed the function for us to have any server browser in the game, we dont know with absolute certainty our own latency to the server we may be thrown onto and we have zero visibility either to the latency on the players also on the same server...

We do however have some insights into the current state, as aka in the Portal we can see the latency to the various Portal servers that we have ability to join for our gaming experience.  And here I have aka many servers in the 120-180ms range, and some even much much higher than that, namely above 180-200ms (I am based in CET region).  With such poor connectivity quality, then bullet sponging is a consequence.

Message 3 of 1,343 (21,770 Views)

★ Expert
@CyberDyme Very good points. I was thinking the same while in Portal yesterday. Like OP said, I'd be lighting someone up, they turn and drop me in an instant. It's a clear sign of lag/latency issues. At least in my FPS experience. And yeah, the Portal servers often have yellow or worse pings on many of them. I was playing the Conquest of Ages playlist. Like you said, who knows what server I was put into or the ping times of anyone in there, myself included.
Message 4 of 1,343 (21,755 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Yeah I been experiencing it too and has made me lose more gunfights than I can count. This wont even be fixed until after new year now either which is BS, server browsers really need to come back. I mean it should have been in from the get go anyways

Message 5 of 1,343 (21,742 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@CyberDyme Not to deny what you said about the server location issue, but I'm in CET too and I don't think I have once played on a server where I had more than 30-40ms ping. I am very central so you may have a bit more ping, but 120-180ms ping should be US or Asia.

That said, I fully agree with the other issues mentioned in this thread. I created a similar thread a few days ago for a reason.
Message 6 of 1,343 (21,717 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@cornybbq2 Perhaps it will work better in an offline setting against bots.
Message 7 of 1,343 (21,707 Views)

★ Guide
@cornybbq2 this... seems like the issue is really server depended too, some matches are good some are really bad, on the same ping and in the same region...
Message 8 of 1,343 (21,704 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@call_me_ShockZz wrote:
@CyberDymeNot to deny what you said about the server location issue, but I'm in CET too and I don't think I have once played on a server where I had more than 30-40ms ping. I am very central so you may have a bit more ping, but 120-180ms ping should be US or Asia.

That said, I fully agree with the other issues mentioned in this thread. I created a similar thread a few days ago for a reason.

All good @call_me_ShockZz !  👍

I know for a fact that I am physically located just next to the European server park for the BF4 PlayStation servers.  Typically having a latency of 11-18 milli seconds max to the servers there, if choosing a European based server.  Hence the evident difference to observe when suddenly in the bullet sponging hell that is happening in the BF2042 game from time to time.

The root cause of the issue is not necessarily your own connection to the server that you play on.  It's also impacted by the potential low line quality other players are connecting with to the same server that you are on!

Aka this weekend I contacted a few of the frequent enemies I was up against in a Break Through match.  2 players were based in Japan and one was in Brazil.  So go figure...

Only one of the Japan guys replied to me.  He had 650+ ms latency to my location.  The Brazil guy was around 370 ms.  I asked them to ping to Rotterdam, which is near me and EA BF servers for BF4 PS4/PS5.  (I miss confirmation still on the BF2042 server locations for Europe)

Message 9 of 1,343 (21,690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@CyberDymeI’m in belgium, normally i get around 20-30ms ping in previous battlefield games. So server distance shouldn’t be a problem.

Just now i uploaded some gameplay of myself on youtube. A whole clip on an enemy and i got 1 hitmarker… its been like this the whole day. Its broken.

Check it out if you like

https://youtu.be/MabBr7jyXN4

Message 10 of 1,343 (21,671 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help