Hit detection

by X_jab12_x

Original Post

Hit detection

★ Guide

How the hell did you guys make it worse. I mean it was bad before but not its worse. Sniped a guy, blood flew off but did 0 damage. You guys are probably the worst game designers around

Message 1 of 13 (1,181 Views)

Re: Hit detection

★★★★ Pro

This game is just swarming with connective issues. 3/4 of the server selections in the data center are plagued with packet loss. There's also data comparisons of how poorly this game runs with other flawed titles. And Apex ranks top of the list. :/ IMO if they could resolve this the title would be up there for a very successful franchise. I just wish they could open their eyes and realize the damage this kind of attention brings.

Message 2 of 13 (1,169 Views)

★★★ Expert

@X_jab12_x wrote:

How the hell did you guys make it worse. I mean it was bad before but not its worse. Sniped a guy, blood flew off but did 0 damage. You guys are probably the worst game designers around

Lagg happens dude, this has nothing to do with game design in the first place. This is a result of hardware limitations and data consolidation.

Grow up.

Message 3 of 13 (1,126 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@X_jab12_x LoL you don't even know what game designer means.
Message 4 of 13 (1,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@X_jab12_xThe game design, art, gameplay, characters, lore, everything is fracking awesome.
Net code, not so much.
It seemed they based a lot of mechanics on people being sensible, not using their semi-local McD's wifi to play, not connecting to servers across the globe, not exploiting the latency compensation...
120 ms ping limit, faster server tickrate and forced server selection (lowest ping available) would fix a great bit, but bar several thousand players from even connecting...
So here we have the compromise.

Message 5 of 13 (1,086 Views)

★ Guide

@EryxApex 

Then why is it that all the other online game even free games dont have this bad of server issues? I've played many online game over the years and so far this is seriously the worst. COD is probably the second worst on servers I'd say. This game makes enough money they can invest in better servers easily but choose not to. I agree gameplay itself isnt bad but they have many coding issues. 

Message 6 of 13 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@X_jab12_xWell I have played OW and Battlefront 2 recently they also have terrible hit detection, but it is harder to notice because their hit-boxes are also abominations. So may be that's why you not notice problems so easily in other games. Bad hit-boxes basically cover it somewhat.
And those games, you have written, have less players in one game. I think that is easier to do right
But EA really should buy some central eu server. (i don't know how the servers are in the usa.)

Message 7 of 13 (1,040 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The 6 or so games I played after season 3 hit I was pleasantly surprised at how good hitreg was for me.  It is a shame I haven't been able to play more since. 

We will see when I get on later for a longer session later today. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,024 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Well server performance is back to garbage.  Back to playing BFV.  I tried.   Screw this game.

Message 9 of 13 (971 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@GRiPSViGiL  Well that didn't take long. xD  I feel for you though. My headset is sad from the duct tape and zip tie that's now holding it together. Ranked really brings out the ugly side that's for sure. Nothing like watching progress consistently backtracking.  :/

Message 10 of 13 (961 Views)