Re: Highlighting prone players on the rader after being in one place for too lon

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Highlighting prone players on the rader after being in one place for too long

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I seem to be coming across a lot of players in servers who like to sit in one spot for a good majority of that round and pick people off weather it be in a corner of a room or prone in amongst rubble or Rocks and it can be a pain in the backside when you randomly die to player who do this when you don't see them so I was wondering if it was possible to make the show up on the Radar if they stay in one place to long force these players to learn the map move around and learn how good that weapon they are using can be if they actually just PTFO 

Message 1 of 6 (323 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Highlighting prone players on the rader after being in one place for too lon

★★ Expert

So it would it force people sneaking into objectives to keep moving. Especially during Breakthrough and Frontlines I find myself often crawling into the next control zone, and waiting for the team to follow, or for the squad to spawn on me, and on the objective. But a marker that gives away my position after some time would ruin this. While, the sniper moving left or right for a different viewing angle could easily avoid being revealed, the PTFO player on the objective will be very limited in its options.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (288 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert

I understand your concern, and I know how annoying it can be, to run around a corner, and getting shot by a player on the ground, hiding there.

But that is the point of hiding, anything that adds a "no-motion detection" is absurd.

Message 2 of 6 (302 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply. I don't think I would go as far as saying adding it would be absurd as yes in some sense this can be looked at as a tactical way to getting kills and moving around the map but you have the players who are not doing it in that sense just staying in the same spot for the whole round they shouldn't be doing this as it hurts there teams chances at winning rounds which I see a lot on breakthrough and conquest with the snipers not pushing forward contributing to capturing flags so this would force them imo to PTFO or atleast move forward to give there squad mates a better option of spawn

Message 3 of 6 (297 Views)

★★ Expert

So it would it force people sneaking into objectives to keep moving. Especially during Breakthrough and Frontlines I find myself often crawling into the next control zone, and waiting for the team to follow, or for the squad to spawn on me, and on the objective. But a marker that gives away my position after some time would ruin this. While, the sniper moving left or right for a different viewing angle could easily avoid being revealed, the PTFO player on the objective will be very limited in its options.

Message 4 of 6 (289 Views)

★★★★ Novice

A change to spot flares and killcams are coming with a new update (next week I believe) spotting may be included as week. Although I’m not entirely sure because I haven’t seen the update notes yet. But with the update, I hope something in it helps you out, even a little.

Message 5 of 6 (285 Views)

Little doritos won't be returning any time soon but there should be small tweaks to spotting and overall visibility which should help a lot.

I would love for there to be some sort of penalty for camping a spot too long but there are always going to be ways around that (and it's on the other team to find a better job of eliminating those players anyway)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 6 of 6 (278 Views)