Re: Hi DICE. Why do you go quiet?

by Hezek1yah

Original Post

★★★★★ Pro

@okonsten wrote:

Why do you go quiet? I mean, I do understand that you can't share anything until you are close to done with like say an update, a patch, and things like that.

They can. They just choose not to. It's gotten so bad that we're literally only hearing info about updates the day they go live.

Message 11 of 21 (433 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Considering the reply's we have received from DICE in the past, I can see why the have been asked to keep their mouths shut.

JMHO

Message 12 of 21 (427 Views)

★★★ Guide
@sk1lld I also feel like this wouldn't even be the case if they fully communicated. The only reason their replies are an issue is due to the long gap of no communication, and then out of nowhere a dev's boiled up response comes out of nowhere and causes a stir.

Dice just needs to communicate on the regular like an actual human being. But every time they speak, they run away, and the fire grows.
Message 13 of 21 (394 Views)

★★ Expert

@Albake21z wrote:
@sk1lld Dice just needs to communicate on the regular like an actual human being. But every time they speak, they run away, and the fire grows.

Brutal expectations, fam.

Message 14 of 21 (384 Views)

★ Guide

I'd guess for the same reason that members of the actual Battlefield community "go quiet", and distance themselves from the forums, when they are tired of hearing the non-stop complaining. invalidation, projection, nitpicking, lies, shame and blame, etc.

At the end of the day DICE is a company comprised of humans and humans don't like to be nagged 24/7 over any and everything. Some members of the Battlefield community really need to be put into a room with a punching bag so they can rage, whinge, moan, and bash the bag all day long. Constructive criticism is fine but the stuff I have seen here and elsewhere is just non-stop whinging and moaning. I have to give DICE props for even speaking to some of the people that visit these boards. I mean whew.....

Message 15 of 21 (377 Views)

★★ Expert
@Hezek1yah Bruh, CM's are paid to do a job, which includes dealing with people complaining. We literally paid for this game, we're not getting paid to complain.

You consistently have absolutely terrible takes. If you don't think DICE should even engage then you're functionally arguing for CM's to not have a job, since external communication and engaging with the community is usually a big part of it (in addition to gathering feedback and passing it along to the dev team).
Message 16 of 21 (366 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not your brother. Nor am I going to read your comment. Take your complaints and invalidation elsewhere.

Message 17 of 21 (360 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Hezek1yah That's their job... literally get paid to communicate between the devs and the community. I agree that many take it way too far, some comments are just straight up gross. But that absolutely does not allow Dice CMs to just not do their job. Like I said, the toxicity would have gone down if they communicated like humans from the start.

Then you leave comments like this:
"I'm not your brother. Nor am I going to read your comment. Take your complaints and invalidation elsewhere."

Get off your high horse and stop acting like a child. Grow up, touch grass.
Message 18 of 21 (348 Views)

★ Guide

FYI:  I'm not reading your comment either.

You can keep sending different disgruntled members to invalidate, shame, and attack. I'll just ignore all of them, continue enjoying Battlefield and how great it runs on my systems, and talk to the positive commentators. You're not owed my attention. I speak to those who respect me and know how to have a constructive conversation. Have a good day my boy.

Message 19 of 21 (345 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Hezek1yah Damn bud, who hurt you? You doing alright in life?
Message 20 of 21 (330 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help