Re: Heroes VS Villains Starfighter still not changed?

by Stacks_Of_Wax

Original Post

Heroes VS Villains Starfighter still not changed?

★★★★ Guide

Coming back after half a year, almost a year to the game, and i'm actually very sad that the games most pointless game mode hasn't been changed.

I remember when people were asking constantly for a H vs V starfighter assault. And than after a long time we also got one.

But a very badly implemented game mode.

Why is it that in HvsV Starfighter Assault, unlike in regular HvsV, if you die, you respawn as a regular starfighter?

It should work EXACTLY the same as the normal HvV game mode. There is no point in playing that game mode instead of regular starfighter assault.

Usually 3/4 of the people in that game mode get insta killed in first contact, and of you play as a bigger ship, you get focus fired down.

People play HvV game modes for 2 reasons

1.  Level the heroes

2. Play the heroes without the need of collecting battle points and risking that someone else is picking it before you can.

So the issue:

1. You can't level hero fighters, because if you are unlucky, you die in 2 sec, and boom, you have to go with a regular fighter

2. If you die in 2 seconds, you have to play again a regular fighter.

Dear DICE! What is the logical explanation for this bad game design?

Message 1 of 3 (421 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Nihil501You are wasting your time. The DICE devs were put out of charge by demand of EA after the last update, so no more support and possibility to change/add game content. Means that there isn't anyone there anymore that could hear you out. A ship which captain was taken by the reaper. End of story.

Message 2 of 3 (385 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Nihil501 Hero Starfighters was poorly implemented. The decision to have hero ships respawn as regular fighters was taking two steps back, as that was a big complaint about HvV in BF2015...and why they changed it for BF2. Also, the quit rate was very high, and, as of the last time I played it, the game waited in between rounds for the teams to balance, which led to long wait times.
Message 3 of 3 (338 Views)