Re: Here's an idea for you

by PeterN_UK

Original Post

Here's an idea for you

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Lately, I feel kind of bored when browsing this forum. There is crying, frustration, anger, toxicity, problems in every single topic each day. Sure, there are good reasons sometimes, but in the end it's still boring negativity. Even posts that start on a funny note end up as angry rants by page 2. Boooooriiiinggggg!

How about this for a change: One day every week, members focus only on the positive aspects of the game. No xp, me too's or accept as solution for rants and complaints, no more topics starting with "I'm done", "I hate", "nerf X", "don't do this" and so on, no more ranting, complaining and requests for immediate changes and punishment for those who refuse to sweat or play at 110% game sense. Write about what you like in this game, things that you've enjoyed, found amusing, great performances, nice game related content and other positive or constructive stuff. Look at that filled part of the glass for once, whether it's 5% or 95%, will you?

The day after this can be the detox day, when mods and people tired of remove sbmm, add solos or fix netcode can take the time off and the community spills out all that accumulated venom, smashing what's left of those keyboards or controllers. This way, no one gets discriminated, everyone wins Standard smile

Message 1 of 13 (443 Views)

Champion
@DoYaSeeMe 🤣 You silly rabbit.
Message 2 of 13 (420 Views)

★★★ Expert
@hayhor Only Caustics in this topic is funny Standard smile
Message 3 of 13 (413 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DoYaSeeMe

If I was forum admin I would create pinned topics per usual complaints then Mods can just delete topics/post with notification to OP it needs to go in correct thread. Leaving them closed is like litter over forum I know what you mean.

- EOMM and SBMM.
- Cheating. Process of correct reporting and making EA/Respawn aware of glitches being used
- Map issues
- Weapon balancing issues
- BattlePass issues
- Cosmetic store issues
- Current season issues

Then topics will actually be more interesting if that stuff is filtered away into pinned topics.

Seriously not just this Apex part of the forum. The ENTIRE EA forum really needs a forum software update.

- The font is outdated. Needs a new web safe font like Verdana Font size 10.

- Multiclick replies, so can click each persons reply to add quotes and respond under each in one post. Currently context is lost because you have to refer to another earlier post to see original quote.

- You can use @ username to address someone for notifications. But would be good to have a @ ALL in thread to notify all participants in thread because you could list them all manually anyway, so not an invasion of notification privacy.

- Option for dark theme

- Custom Avatar

- Signature (First thing I'll add is link to report account bans/reporting cheaters. So annoying people keep asking!)

If people look at Ubisoft forum, CDP forum or even Blizzard forums the presentation is so nice.

Message 4 of 13 (402 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe You calling me boring?! Frown
Message 5 of 13 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PeterN_UKThe filter idea is good. Not too sure on how much workload it would create but I like the idea of it.

As for the custom avatar and signature I'm pretty sure it's only champions and upwards. I was surprised to see it when I registered as it's a common thing on most forums.

I do like the look of the CDP forum and registered on there not long after Cyberpunk released. It's presentation is on point tho.

Edit: You can put it into dark mode if you're on phone pretty easily.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 13 (373 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@GH0STEDbyME

Ahh yes the CDP forum software feels "fast". I feel as though the threads with many posts instantly load compared to EA forum. Interface feels more "responsive" when clicking around.

The multi quote is so convenient. It is visualling pleasing to scroll and read with better font than here.

Shame about signatures and avatar. It lets someone add some uniqueness and personality for a visual fun factor. If overload then only say allow image linking externally for avatar/signature to not use EA bandwidth.

Ugh Cyberpunk. Just reminded me of like the crashes every 2-4hrs I had to go through just to complete the game! Frown

Funnily enough EA's DICE even has better looking forum. It has looked that way for years.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/battlefield-v-general-discussion

Guess for now can just use font changer Chrome extensions.
Message 7 of 13 (363 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Nope, you're one of the few that constantly push this forum to switch to a better tone.
Message 8 of 13 (355 Views)

Champion
@DoYaSeeMe I was with you until they removed the caustic buff. Now I'm gonna light it all on fire!
Message 9 of 13 (353 Views)

★★★ Expert

Yes, surely this forum could benefit from a much much better UI and structure, but it's more about people shifting to a more positive note. The community and forum would really benefit from this, a more positive environment could attract cool stuff, like more official attention (devs), maybe in house tournaments and whatnot.

Message 10 of 13 (344 Views)