Help Adding friends

by bsktcse99

Original Post

Help Adding friends

★★ Novice

Every time I try to add a friend to EA for Star Wars Squadrons, it says invite Failed. This is on PC

Message 1 of 5 (569 Views)

Re: Help Adding friends

★★★ Newbie

Having this problem on PC and Ps4.

Bought copy for each, two different ea accounts. 

Can't invite each other to play in same household.

Can see friends list for each steam friends on PC and Ps4 friends on ps4.

Message 2 of 5 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same Here.

I have it on PC and can't add anyone from any console. Comes up "invitation failed" on both ends.

Message 3 of 5 (443 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had this issue trying to play with my daughter on her Xbox (I was on a PC). It ended up being the COPPA law, that protects children. 

So when you setup your kids on their consoles, you have to setup their age, and the first time they play an EA game, you have to enter their age. That gets put into a legal document and now if they are young (my daughter is 12), I’ll never be able to find her name to be able to friend her.

i blew up at EA Support over this because I am her father and I should have more say than the government when it comes to who can play with my kids. Nope, they can’t do anything due to this stupid law, designed by stupid non-techy people.

Anyway, to get around this you need to create another account but say their age is higher. That is the sign of a bad law - it’s so bad that people don’t use it and lie about their kids ages to get around it. So who is it protecting then? Nobody. The law needs to be more flexible So that parents can specify  who can friend their kids. A parent can’t even play SW with their kids. Sheesh.

Message 4 of 5 (417 Views)

★ Guide

Same deal. I played Batttlefront 2 on Xbox and PS4, but got Squadrons on PC, for the VR and HOTAS support, but now I can't add my Xbox friends, even though they're over 18 and I know their EA name. Same error message.

Message 5 of 5 (390 Views)