Help! Account hacked and banned. So frustating!

by xSlyXrossx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help! Account hacked and banned. So frustating!

★★ Novice

Help! Anyone. My account got hacked and it got banned because they cheated. I'm so mad, I should have seen it as a signal because the last time I played it, it kicked me out saying my account was logged in another PC but it's impossible since no one knows my gaming info, but I ignored it since I just went online again and it fixed. 2 days later this happens, they even wasted 725 Apex Coins on LB. Worse thing is in the Ban history is clean, nothing there yet. It's frustrating knowing you spent 500 + hours on a game just for someone to hack it and ruin it all.

Message 1 of 32 (528 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help! Account hacked and banned. So frustating!

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @xSlyXrossx.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 24 of 32 (565 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@xSlyXrossx Have you contacted EA help yet? If not, do it now
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
Select Origin
Select your platform
Select Manage my account
Select Hacked account

Here is a link for more detailed information.
https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/secure-hacked-ea-account/
Message 2 of 32 (522 Views)

@xSlyXrossx Yes, it's so frustrating when "someone" hacks and "someone" is banned. I hope "someone" learns their lesson from this.
Message 3 of 32 (505 Views)

Hero
@LaughingSharko Compromised accounts do in fact happen. So to say in quotes would imply everyone is lying which is not the case at all. Some people just do not go in and enable 2 step.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 32 (499 Views)

@E9ine_AC There is no way for anyone on this forum to know either way. I err on the side I find more likely.

Have you ever been hacked and banned personally?
Message 5 of 32 (497 Views)

Hero
@LaughingSharko I have had my account compromised yes. For apex legends/Ea. I did not have 2 step set up and got a email saying my password had been changed. To answer your question sadly yes.

Message 6 of 32 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]

@E9ine_AC Is this the same account that has over 300 legendary items? How did you get it back?

Also, does that mean your email address was hacked into as well?

Message 7 of 32 (477 Views)

Hero
@LaughingSharko I was able to catch it quick enough and was lucky they had changed the accounts password and it notified me the moment it happen which allowed me to quickly change it and secure it. It was not the same password as my email as the one i used for apex tied to my email was leaked online reports show. So it def was my fault but i was very lucky to quickly catch on to it.

Message 8 of 32 (468 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No one is going to hack an apex legends account just to hack on it and get it banned.

Message 9 of 32 (440 Views)

@E9ine_AC Well, I'm glad you got it back.

When you say the password got leaked online, how does that happen?

Like do friends share it, or can people see it on your screen as a streamer or something? They can't figure out your email account from knowing your EA name right?

I'm just wondering to avoid problems on my account (although I do have 2fA fortunately).
Message 10 of 32 (431 Views)