Helicopters are dominating in Breakthrough

by AJ_Clickz

Original Post

Helicopters are dominating in Breakthrough

★ Guide

A good pilot, is virtually impossible to take down. Infinite flares on rechard just results in the helicopter flying off and waiting for cooldown.

You've gotta add some sort of attrition to these choppers or add anti air stationery weapons scattered around the map like in every other Battlefield game.

It's no fun having to constantly be farmed by helicopters as an infantry player on the defending team.

Message 1 of 29 (706 Views)

Re: Helicopters are dominating in Breakthrough

★★★★★ Expert
@AJ_Clickz i was playing last night and i must say, the HIND we were in was WAY too overpowered. it was fun but was kinda BS. i was repairing and using Lis with recharging tv missiles, another door gunner was doing the same thing and we had good minigunners and 50mm gunner and the pilot was pretty good. it was impossible to kill us even with rao hacking us. that thing is OP and needs to be adjusted
Message 2 of 29 (696 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@AJ_Clickz It definitely takes a team effort to take them out. If you are the lone wolf trying to take one out, good luck. However, if you have at least 2 players, you can take one out pretty easily. Rao + Sundance is pretty good. He can hack and she has her grenades.
Message 3 of 29 (691 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Agreed on the attrition part.  

If you can't deal a fatal blow in a 10second window they just retreat and come back 40 seconds later at 100%.

Your best hope is to slow down the farming.  I like Rao+SOFLAM.  You won't be getting any kills, but it should at least slow them down and force them to play more defensively.  It's not a particularly fun gameplay loop.

Message 4 of 29 (665 Views)

★ Guide

@AngrySquid270 wrote:

Agreed on the attrition part.  

If you can't deal a fatal blow in a 10second window they just retreat and come back 40 seconds later at 100%.

Your best hope is to slow down the farming.  I like Rao+SOFLAM.  You won't be getting any kills, but it should at least slow them down and force them to play more defensively.  It's not a particularly fun gameplay loop.

I've tried everything at this point to be honest, RAO + SOFLAM same results, as soon as they are hacked retreat. Rince and repeat. 

It needs to be looked at ASAP as it's just making infantry gameplay frustrating, and the last thing this game needs is frustrating infantry gameplay. 

Message 5 of 29 (661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@AJ_ClickzSorry dude but you have 100+ hours and 25 vehicles destroyed. You're obviously not trying hard enough to take them out and just complaining. This was never an issue in 128 Breakthrough or when defenders and attackers had a similar number of aircraft. 

Message 6 of 29 (635 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

those numbers aren't right (at least for me).  my hours played are way low on website and i have thousands of vehicles destroyed but the website showed like 3 last time i looked. 

Message 7 of 29 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The Hind/Condor should not have the 50mm gun. It's a transport ffs. Or make them squishier, they tank more than ground armored vehicle.

Message 8 of 29 (609 Views)

★ Guide
@AJ_Clickz Bruh everyday you are writing here that helis are OP, they are not if you know how to counter them, learn the game.
Message 9 of 29 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

the only problem is bad asymmetry between attackers and defenders

when one side has to have helis, the other better have lots of wildcats possible.

Message 10 of 29 (587 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help