Re: Heirloom shards

by iBlockHead

Original Post

Heirloom shards

★ Novice

Do you still need the 500 apex packs to be allowed heirlooms? Or because of the new heirloom shards can you just get heirloom shards anytime in the packs without opening 500?

Message 1 of 7 (12,652 Views)

★★ Pro
@AnimeCar the odds are the same as the old system, your chance getting the shards are 1/500.
Message 2 of 7 (12,641 Views)

★ Novice

thank you cause I’ve never received an heirloom and really wanted to know the chances of getting an heirloom, but do your chances get higher with every apex pack bought or is it always 1/500 until you open 500 where you are guaranteed a heirloom

Message 3 of 7 (12,598 Views)

★ Pro

Your guaranteed a heirloom for every 500 apex packs you open. This does NOT included even packs!

Message 4 of 7 (12,559 Views)

★★ Expert
@AnimeCar the chances are below 1% to get a heirloom before 500.

500 is just to counter the bad luck you might get of never opening one

the odds are still the same.

The only thing that changes was the randomness of the heirloom item you would have gotten, nothing else changed.
Message 5 of 7 (12,485 Views)

★★★ Expert
@iBlockHead Oh, but things will in the near future! They will probably push heirloom shards in more ways (special editions, giveaways, very difficult challenges, etc.). They do give all shards in one pack now, but later they will probably come like 50 in one pack, with a higher chance to drop. Special packs, events and battle passes will probably drop packs of 25 shards as incentives.

This shard system is practically a new shiny wallet spreader tool for marketing.
Message 6 of 7 (12,473 Views)

★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMe true I wondered why it was a 150 shards thing

Makes sense now to have it 150 and divide up into other stuff to push Heirloom purchases.

Might have to start a new post soon complaining about this Angry I joke

I hope they stay reasonable where everyone can get a little something something vs only the big bois. 

Guess we just gotta wait and see Party hat 

Message 7 of 7 (12,471 Views)