Re: Heirloom shards....nowhere to be seen

by Supremest01

Original Post

★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex every time i see a post regarding shards makes me little bit suspicious , i heard a lot of stories of people who got not one not two but three of them within very short time and within the 500 packs it self .
it makes me wonder if it's region related to EA account or to the user account it self , or maybe it's a glitch or a hack or IP related .
or maybe there is some sort of a ritual that you have to perform before opening the packs.
on the other side i see people complaining that they didn't get any shards and they don't have any heirloom even after opening more than 500 packs .
i know someone will tell me " it's guaranteed to be acquired within the 500 packs " then i will ask , why too many people saying that they didn't get it and why some others getting 3 of them within 300 or 500 packs , is it pure luck ????
if it's luck then i will tell all the people who got these three strikes to go and get a lottery ticket because getting lucky once is normal , twice is Coincidence but thrice means there is something wrong
Message 11 of 27 (2,295 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm level 500 and I haven't had a single heirloom shard. I don't buy apex packs though. I did buy the battle pass in season 2 and then I use the free coins from that to buy the battle pass each season. I guess you only get heirloom shards from buying packs and getting lucky in them? I don't see the point of buying packs, it doesn't affect the gameplay in anyway so it seems a waste of money to me. 

Message 12 of 27 (2,289 Views)

★ Guide

Level 500 with no Heirloom shards, i am above 300 packs for sure.

Message 13 of 27 (2,284 Views)

[ Edited ]

@maximas1986Well I don't know for certain how the apex packs work. But I would assume it's RNG based as it makes the most sense and Apex does use RNG for numerous things such as loot in the game.

So let's look at the individual apex packs, normal ones.. They likely use some type of RNG system, they simple, they are time tested and they reliable. Now based on the information available we know each pack guarantees at least 1 rare or better item. How would they achieve this with an RNG? It only takes one item in the Apex pack to achieve the guarantee for the rare or better item. So you can set 1 RNG to be populated with nothing but rare or better items. 7.4% of those items are legendary, 24.8% of the times are epic and the remaining items are all rare. This will allow the pack to always produce a rare or better item. It's full proof and will always meet the guarantees stated. Now the other 2 items in the pack use a different RNG that is populated with ALL in game items normal items-legendary. Since the normal items increase the number of possibilities it would decrease the odds of getting a rare, epic or legendary item. This RNG would likely be the one that contains the .2% chance at a heirloom. I don't know for certain it's a .2% chance, I make that assumption based on the fact that the odds of getting a heirloom are some place below 1%. But .2% makes sense to me because of the 500 pack guarantee. 1/500=.002 or .2% There are other ways to achieve this, but that is a simple explanation of how it could work and it's likely something along those lines. They could also use one RNG that just locks out the items which are not rare or better for 1 of the apex pack outcomes.

When I say it's a .2% of a heirloom that simply means that out of all the possibilities or outcomes the RNG can produce, .2% of those are a heirloom. The remaining 99.8% possibilities/outcomes being something else. The thing about RNG is that they average over thousands or even millions.

Yes people will get extremely lucky with Apex Packs and Heirlooms. That is the nature of the beast and RNG's. If a person happens to stop the RNG the precise moment a heirloom is the prize, then they will get a heirloom. It makes no difference if you've received 1 2 or 3 heirlooms, the odds are always the same. The only thing that matters is when you stop the RNG. But weighting the outcomes like you suggest is just not remotely feasible. They would have to write different code for different people or have different RNG for different people.. How would they distribute that? How would they control that? Hacking it or cheating the system some how is not really possible, I guess nothing is impossible. But you're talking about getting into the EA servers, that's far different than the in game cheats people use to gain an advantage. If someone can hack the EA servers, I can almost guarantee they have 0 interest in heirlooms. 

There is one other way to do this and that is with a pre-populated prize pool, sort of like lotto scratch offs. But that's another beast entirely and I find that to be unlikely. RNG can handle everything and would not require updating the prize pool.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 27 (2,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I dropped 1 thousand + on crates alone. I got 2 heirlooms that i did not want. This company completely said screw us elders who put in thousands lets give these new players what they want. By this i mean when we got our hierlooms we did not have the option to pick which we wanted the game decided which we would get. Now players have the chance to pick which they want while us who supported this game from day 1 are shafted with no plans of allowing a trade in system. This is why ive not spent more money on this game. You wanna cater to new players then ill cater my cash some where else. 

Also note not a single hierloom ive earned has came from any of their free packs for battle pass and such. Both mine was gotten with hard earned cash at 500 bucks a pop. Great way of thinking of those who actually keep the lights on. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 27 (2,267 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Don't start me on this games RNG both in and out of game. I'm sure I'm one of the unluckiest players on Apex. Every single gold pack from a Battle pass has given me trash stuff even if I do somehow manage to get a legendary.

Every legendary legend skin I like /or have wanted I've had to craft myself. The only thing I've got was an R99 skin but that doesn't really matter much now. Oh and I hardly ever get crafting materials so the grind is ridiculous.

In game there's been hundreds of times that I've landed and not got a single blood***** weapon in my 1.72K games.

So I'm with you guys, I'll probably never get an heirloom. I'm like lvl 274 so it's not happening anytime soon... I really want either Wraiths Kunai or BHs Axe. PFs boxing gloves would be amazing, I don't play as him but I think they're the best designed heirloom. IF I do manage to get one it would probably the mirage trophy that I don't care for in the slightest D;

On a side note (I know most of this post as been me waffling on but oh well xD): I'm hearing we're getting a sledgehammer for Caustic and a Tonfa for Bangalore?! I might find the YT video and make a thread later

Message 16 of 27 (2,260 Views)

@GH0STEDbyME Come on you have to be positive! Think positive! haha We all have bad drops LOL nothing like landing in a building with your teammates 1 armor 1 decent gun the rest is moz or P2020. But it happens..

Honestly the RNG will average out for you. I have unlocked most items in game aside from heirlooms (i only have 1). That said, over the course of opening those packs I noticed this.. I had streaks with the packs in which I was only getting legendary items at the stated guarantee rate and they were moz skins or something I was not all that interested in. Then I would have streaks in which I'd open 20 packs and get 5-7 legendary items, all items I wanted.. I even had one pack produce 2 legendary items. I might have a screen shot of it. But over the long haul it will average out. The 180 packs you get for free are not a huge amount of exposure to the odds. So the averages might be on the low side for some, while others will get lucky and be above average.

Message 17 of 27 (2,251 Views)

Hero
@DarthValtrex sucks owning everything doesnt it? I bought so many packs and owned everything (Nearly) that all i got was 3 crafting mats each pack open. I ended up around 50k crafting mats total. What am i suppose to do with these things other then buy event stuff? haha

Message 18 of 27 (2,242 Views)

@E9ine_AC Eh I won't complain about it, we are fortunate that we have the ability to do that.

Message 19 of 27 (2,236 Views)

Hero
@DarthValtrex Let me buy my hierloom shards with crafting mats. I dropped over 1 grand for hierlooms i did not want. It is completely un balanced un fair for us who was devoted and pumped a lot money into this game. We get shafted as if we do not even exist.

All i want is fair across the board. In game play in lobbies and more. There is zero reason to not support a 1 time trade in. I dont want bloodhounds hierloom it looks horrible to me. Crap is too close to his face. I wanted my mains hierloom and ill never have that chance again because i will not spend another doller on this game until they learn to treat us all the same and listen to us the players.

Message 20 of 27 (2,229 Views)