Heirloom pack

by HoodedWildKard

Original Post

Heirloom pack

★★★ Apprentice

Now I've got lucky and got the heirloom pack (happy days) in under 120 packs. I'm happy enough to drop £30 a week to get cosmetics, but I really wanted the heirloom pack since I main wraith most of the time and I'm a magpie for rare stuff. But thinking on it I've realised I'm really lucky to get it without having to drop £400 on packs to guarantee it. That's a very cynical move to tell us the you will get one at 500 packs, because you will get some players who will drop that much to get it which is kinda exploiting them. Why not lower it to like 200 packs? which is still going to earn the company money but isn't quite so ridiculous. Aside from this single issue I love how the microtransactions work in this game.

Message 1 of 5 (321 Views)

Re: Heirloom pack

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The thing with cosmetic items is that a newer and better cosmetic will be out soon to replace the one that everyone wanted.

Cosmetic items go out of fashion quickly. You have to keep up with the latest cosmetic items the 'influencers' use.

Message 2 of 5 (304 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@warslag wrote:

The thing with skins is that a newer and better skin will be out soon to replace the one that everyone wanted.

Skins go out of fashion quickly. You have to keep up with the latest gear the 'influencers' use.

Wasn't talking about skins mate. But the obvious exploitation of setting a ridiculously high target of packs to buy to get super rare gear.

Message 3 of 5 (287 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I edited my post changing "skins" to "cosmetic items". It's still true what I said, though.

My point was that you spend a lot of money to get cosmetic items only for a new and more desirable one to replace it not long after.

You have to go through the same process of spending money on packs over and over just to keep up with the latest thing.

Message 4 of 5 (247 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@warslag wrote:

I edited my post changing "skins" to "cosmetic items". It's still true what I said, though.

My point was that you spend a lot of money to get cosmetic items only for a new and more desirable one to replace it not long after.

You have to go through the same process of spending money on packs over and over just to keep up with the latest thing.

You're missing my point. I don't have a problem with the way that system works, there will always be new cosmetics designed to make you pay for more apex coins that's the way the game industry works nowadays. But a limit of 500 packs to guarantee it is too high for heirloom packs.

Message 5 of 5 (196 Views)