Re: Heirloom lost feels bad

by ThickGrape

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Heirloom lost feels bad

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

my friend poweraphid18550 and I were playing pubs the other day. Aphid joined a match with me but opened a pack. It was an heirloom! You could tell because of the unique pack opening animation. But the match started and he never saw the completion of pack opening. He wound up not getting the shards. They are not in his inventory. We both submitted reports about this but others have gotten quick responses from ea_david and others. This isn’t a case of it not appearing but it’s in your inventory. He got heirlooms shards but due to a bug didn’t receive them. Please help power aphid 18550!! He wanted the heirloom so bad for his main. He hasn’t got one yet besides this one. It happened a few days ago. 

Message 1 of 12 (498 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@ThickGrape  Any reward you gain from a pack is predetermined the moment you open the pack, the animation is just fluff.

With that in mind if said animation is interrupted by entrance to a match etc, you'll have the reward regardless.

I would recommend you tell your friend to double check the heirloom tab to confirm they haven't received their shard reward, if not definitely just follow the steps provided above. Honestly can't say how much success your friend will have with this appeal but best of luck!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (430 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ThickGrape Can anyone help with this ? Standard smile
Message 2 of 12 (448 Views)

Champion
@ThickGrape Hi there. Unfortunately no one here can help. He would have to go to live support and have them check the account. In cases like this tho it would be best to save video of the issue for proof.
Message 3 of 12 (440 Views)

Champion

@ThickGrape  Any reward you gain from a pack is predetermined the moment you open the pack, the animation is just fluff.

With that in mind if said animation is interrupted by entrance to a match etc, you'll have the reward regardless.

I would recommend you tell your friend to double check the heirloom tab to confirm they haven't received their shard reward, if not definitely just follow the steps provided above. Honestly can't say how much success your friend will have with this appeal but best of luck!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 12 (431 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks all,

l yeah we already have tickets out but my friend and I put them out the moment it happened with super specific details like the time day and number of packs since he opened. Unfortunately no video, but hopefully apex people can see that he got one. Lol I can’t believe the excitement followed by immediate despair that happened. 

To clarify, the heirloom animation popped up and was opening but the match got in the way. We check every day since it happened to see if it pops up but it never does. Hopefully an ea member can read this message and look into it on poweraphid18550’s behalf. I checked similar posts and ea_david has looked into other people’s accounts for them on these forums. Most cases were that it didn’t appear but was in their inventory. This is not the case for my friend. 

TG

Message 5 of 12 (406 Views)

Champion
@ThickGrape I raised it for attention but am unsure if the managers have access anymore.
Message 6 of 12 (397 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@hayhor @Thank a million! I will say the outcome on here for future inquiries. 

Message 7 of 12 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MandatoryIDtagCorrect the rewards are instantly added to the account. The animation is just that an animation showing you what you obtained. So it should be there if he had gotten it. Since the rewards are instant and the animation means nothing.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 12 (373 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ThickGrape It would be more convincing if there was a clip
Message 9 of 12 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don’t have a clip. But I’m not asking ea to take my word for it. Just check the logs of packs opening. Previous posts suggest that ea has specific info about the contents of every pack people open. Hopefully they can see my friends pack. I do think it’s odd that the heirlooms are not there considering this has happened before with legendaries and they are in the inventory despite the animation being cut off. 

Message 10 of 12 (329 Views)