Heirloom 500 Pack Counter

by geekchickk4love

Original Post

Heirloom 500 Pack Counter

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone know the OFFICIAL answer on if buying all 24 apex packs from an event count toward your 500 apex packs heirloom shard count? Basically does it add 24 packs to your counter or does it reset it back to 0 because you did get an heirloom (you straight up bought it)? 

(Let’s say I opened up 100 packs and then bought 24 packs from the event to get Caustic’s heirloom. Do I now have 124 packs toward the 500 counter or do I now need to open up 500 packs to get a guaranteed heirloom? And yes I realize you can get it before 500 packs.)

I asked on a Facebook group and people kept telling me  opening 500 packs doesn’t guarantee it even though it literally says it on the EA website. So I’m not getting anywhere on Facebook 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 1 of 7 (2,273 Views)

Re: Heirloom 500 Pack Counter

★★★★★ Apprentice

@geekchickk4love After what ive read on this forum, the general consensus seems to be that event packs do NOT count towards your 500 pack count for the heirloom. But i mean i still dont have one either way :D

Also getting an heirloom from an event shouldnt count against your original count either.

I think that count is strictly for packs either bought out-right or earned from levels or battlepass(and i think the quests too?)

Message 2 of 7 (2,261 Views)

Champion
@geekchickk4love From what I've seen on the forum. Getting an heirloom restarts the counter so you'd have to do 500 after getting Caustics one from the event.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (2,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@GH0STEDbyME wrote:
@geekchickk4loveFrom what I've seen on the forum. Getting an heirloom restarts the counter so you'd have to do 500 after getting Caustics one from the event.

No, I do not think that is correct.

I got the Octance Heirloom, when it was available for purchase from the event, where you had to buy all 24 Exclusive Apex packs.

At that time I had about 250-300 regular packs opened.

Now, it was about two weeks ago that I received heirloom shards from random Apex packs.

It must have been around Apex pack 300 - 350, when I got that "regular" heirloom, which everyone should get within the first 500 packs.

So this means, getting heirloom from bying in event does not affect/reset your regular 500 pack counting. Hope this helps some of you.

Message 4 of 7 (2,211 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GH0STEDbyME Collection event heirlooms don't affect the pack counter, because they aren't part of the loot pool yet and besides getting shards resets the counter, not the heirloom itself, which you don't get when unlocking event heirlooms.
Message 5 of 7 (2,197 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@geekchickk4love 24 packs won't count. And it also won't reset your existing pack counter, so it will remain as is.
Message 6 of 7 (2,195 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp TY for clarifying. I knew they didn't count towards the counter but I thought they reset it lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (2,186 Views)