Health & Gaming Culture

by 7cyanide

Original Post

Highlighted

Health & Gaming Culture

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I'm taking down suspect looking names, obvious locking / toggling aim, or using walls- every single game in hopes for change. Many don't cheat, but don't lie about it; that's even more obvious. Those that don't like the idea of cheating have quit; then will avoid apex like the plague until further notice (this includes my friends) or simply will be influenced to cheat and are left in the right or wrong all this time. Yesterday I was skipping a game or two without any problems. So it's relatively bad right now and the names are 'confusing' ..they think.. or is it harder for the AC to bypass if they throw in numbers and underscores? Either way, it was the same in s1 and it really goes to show they think they can get away with it.

I really wanted to share that it's unhealthy for the ol cranium. I remember around ... 2010 (yes, that long ago) reading an article how 'video games are healthy in good portions.'

And they can be!

There was plenty of articles released even last year saying the same thing. But now there's MANY documentaries about how video games are decaying the prefrontal cortex of the brain, primarily when you don't have to think during your game and spend too many hours doing so. So how we game is changing our gaming culture, people. There is a lot of neuroscience backing this if you'd like to go do some quick research. This is just another reason I despise aimbots and wallhacks. Apex is a great game for processing, you have to use your head all the time. Now if you're cheating- over time, the brain is doing an activity that could take some real action, some real power, with comms, planning, and thinking but if you use one for too long; you're just throwing a huge lock & chain around your brain. Just something to think about.

Message 1 of 1 (132 Views)