Healing & Overheal is broken and boring to deal with.

by GutmanSca

Original Post

Re: Healing & Overheal is broken and boring to deal with.

★ Expert

I don't care how much damage or health they give a char but for the love of god the TTK is the worst part of this game with healers.  I said it before but I think chars only being able to heal to half health without a healer would help a lot...bring back gw1 healing...any tryhard I see breaking 30 kills a game does two things;;;glued to a healer and runs away...if I kill the healer....running away nets him full health very quickly and then rinse, repeat when the healer respawns.

Average healers can do 2k plus a game healing in TV...think about that...that's 16 players lives worth of health and that's not counting the other stats like revives, kills and assists.

Message 11 of 14 (339 Views)

★★ Pro
@GutmanSca I was thinking about some ideas the other day, and I'd love the playtest this because I could be way off lol. Make Hard Target a free upgrade on Scientist and Sunflower. Reduce their HP to 75. Make healing stronger. The downside is, all characters have a passive whereby healing is reduced by 50% for 1.5 secs by dealing damage. This way the healers won't have crazy sustain, they can heal well outside of gunfights though. This could work because sprinting and movement is a big focus in BFN's gameplay. If you want to get healed, then run away and link up with your healer. But your attackers can also vanquish your healer and you won't have ridiculous sustain. Seriously, even Rocket Ride struggles against healing spam.
Message 12 of 14 (320 Views)

★ Expert
@shurikeninja I like it.
Message 13 of 14 (301 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@shurikeninja I agree with @Gormey. This seems like it could really help and solve the problems without actually needing to nerf the higher healing rate, which the game was designed around in part. Great suggestion Standard smile!

Message 14 of 14 (277 Views)