Headsets?

by iGRAPPLE83

Original Post

Re: Headsets?

★★★ Expert
@iGRAPPLE83 I'd say that the safest bet is on studio balanced headphones. Most other have some sort of enhancements and therefore will suffer when there are too many sounds in the mix. Bass enhancement makes weapons sound awesome, but covers discrete sounds and it can mess up the directional aspect of the sounds as well.
Message 21 of 30 (224 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@iGRAPPLE83 I have not and likely never will. I have 3 generations of TB and they all still function + 1 TB for my playstation (that might not work with voice anymore due to ps5 having removed optical input). One for Xbox One gen and 2 for Xbox 360... might be that the newer models are more fragile but I haven’t noticed. I take better care of my hardware than I maintain relationships XD so my stuff all looks and functions like its brand new.

I use the ‘standard’ bose sport earphones if I know I’m not going to be in a party (so mostly for single player games) for better audio. The soundscape is much more detailed than gaming headsets and earphones just sit comfortably :P

If I really like a game and know the sound is phenomenal I opt for other earphones.
Message 22 of 30 (223 Views)

★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe I also looked at sennheiser they are studio quality
Message 23 of 30 (208 Views)

★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q Ill definitely check out the Bose some people I play with use those to
Message 24 of 30 (207 Views)

@DoYaSeeMe Unless you're an audiophile the odds of you being able to tell the difference between a quality headset and a studio set are fairly low. It's sort of like some (very few people) can taste the difference between Johnnie Walker Black label and Johnnie walker Blue label, 99% of society can't taste the difference.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 25 of 30 (202 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@iGRAPPLE83 Yea, but for console, if you want to use it as an actual headset, it’s not good.

Like I said before, headsets are tuned to fit certain needs. In this case, consoles use their own protocol(s) for sound. The standard mp3 variant headphones do not operate on those. You can still talk and hear when you connect it to an amp or into the controller directly, but you’ll hear that pesky static-y noise in the background and when you speak, others will hear it too. That’s why it’s not a great option for using in mp, but great for single player.

@DarthValtrex, exactly, but I doubt many gamers are audiophiles xD. They like good sound, yes, but would not even be able to tell a 50 dollar headphone from a 300 dollar headset. Much less know how to use a DAC properly or set an amp the right way for specific headphones.
Message 26 of 30 (194 Views)

★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Can't say I'm an audiophile, but the differences are pretty big for me. Also, it's not about quality, as the sound has more depth on Sony, it's the balance. It's important in a studio to hear & distinguish everything before applying all sort of modifications, this is why a studio balance should work better in environments with a ton of sounds.

Forgot to mention that I run the headphones through a Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface.
Message 27 of 30 (191 Views)

Champion

I have arctis steel series 5. They work great for me. If this game had 3d sound I'd consider the PS set that was made for PS5.

Message 28 of 30 (185 Views)

@DoYaSeeMe Oh I agree. But for most a decent quality headset that's reasonably priced will sound as good as a $3,000 studio set of headphones.

I screwed up my ears in my youth, to many loud stereos and concerts so I can't hear half of the audio sounds anymore anyways.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 29 of 30 (178 Views)

★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q I kinda am my astros with the mix amp pro are completely customizable.. I watched alot of YouTube videos to find the right setting for apex..but
Message 30 of 30 (152 Views)