Re: Havoc/energy gun Overpowered?

by Anubis_TD

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@warslag wrote:

@Wingmannedbro  Interesting suggestion about the 20 round magazine. I can't agree with it, though, on the basis that the Havoc has a spool up time that can cause a few rounds to be wasted when lining shots up. The same is true when using the Select-Fire hop-up which I think would detrimentally affected by a 20 round mag. The same thing would, I believe, happen with the Turbocharger hop-up on both the Havoc and Devotion where rounds are spewed all over the place especially at anything over short ranges. Thinking

You'll miss a lot more shots if you miss with an R-99 tho, and that has 18 on pickup, and substantially lower damage per round.

Good point about the selectfire mod tho, but how likely is someone to find that hop-up before finding an extended magazine?

I comparing the havoc to others specifically off-spawn in the first 1-2 minutes of the game.

I'm a hotdrop kinda guy who always wants to be where the most fights are happening.

And the energy guns are dominating the hotdrop zones almost every single time, late game i think it's an even match with the heavy and light guns with blue and purple attachments.

Message 11 of 24 (433 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Wingmannedbro  I see where you're coming from about early match weapons in Skull Town. Weapons drops are random so it's kind of fair in that regard since each player has more or less the same chance of finding an equal weapon. Plus each weapon has its own advantages and disadvantages which can be flipped by circumstances such as ammo availability, attachments, range and cover availability which again can be used to press an advantage or to counter.

Message 12 of 24 (425 Views)

★ Apprentice

personally, I think u would better off nerfing spool up time, making the turbo even more vital.

You would need to buff its accuracy a bit though to make it even slightly competitive in later game

I honestly think they need to re-look at how they view their weapons.

Yes, tiering weapons is ok, but right now only a few weapons are dominating the final rounds.

I would love to see more balance and variety to our viable weapon choices.

Also, nerf all weapons down to the lowest common denominator, making attachments the difference between good and bad.

This gives players more options to suit they're play style; not just find 301 and Pk, purple them good to go.

Don't have those 2 well your screwed and minimally talented, forget it.

Message 13 of 24 (419 Views)

Community Manager

@Anubis_TD 

Do you think the spool up time should be nerfed for the hit scan single fire option? Love using that when I can but the slight delay can make it really hard to use in close combat situations.

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 24 (409 Views)

★★★ Expert

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@Anubis_TD 

Do you think the spool up time should be nerfed for the hit scan single fire option? Love using that when I can but the slight delay can make it really hard to use in close combat situations.

Is havoc's single fire shot hit scan?

I didn't know, I literally never used single fire on havoc thinking it would probably be too hard to hit those shots, even tho i'm a decent sniper (have the sniper badge, with a record of 373 meter length knockdown)

Message 15 of 24 (401 Views)

★ Apprentice

i am not talking single shot just the standard spool up time for Full auto, slow how long it takes to get to max, without Turbo

Message 16 of 24 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@EA_Blueberry @Wingmannedbro  That bit of info about single-shot on the Havoc being hit-scan changes everything. That's why I keep missing at range, because I'm leading the target! Embarrassed

Also, ShoddyShot, when I was talking about the single-shot Havoc in terms of your 20 round mag suggestion I was thinking of the fact that it uses 5 rounds of ammo at a time. Standard smile

Message 17 of 24 (384 Views)

★ Apprentice

that was shoddy i wouldn't change the mag size

Message 18 of 24 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Anubis_TD wrote:

that was shoddy i wouldn't change the mag size

Sorry Anubis, I've edited my post. Oops

Message 19 of 24 (372 Views)

Complaining about the Havoc, the R301 laughs at you.

Message 20 of 24 (361 Views)