Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Having to use epics for gear challenges

by Silthosreaper

Original Post

Having to use epics for gear challenges

★★★★★ Novice

With weapons you can use the masterwork version to complete gear challenges. With your abilities you have to equip a epic version to complete green thru epic. So im stuck in gm1 or 2 having to use epics or drop the difficulty to get no loot. Can this be changed. Also why can this ONLY  be completed in freeplay. 

Message 1 of 7 (175 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
as hard as it is to get a weapon that is mw grade and worth keeping to drop plus that fact that it seems to draw from the entire loot pool of all weapons and skills plus the other parts for all 4 suits now ya trying to get one damned weapon to drop those odds really are bad rngesus seems to hate us all
Message 2 of 7 (165 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've almost completed all epic version challenges weapon and javelin. It sucks at first but once u get the mw components then its easier

Message 3 of 7 (143 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thats what im saying the masterwork version of the gear for the javelin will not count towards progression of the green thru epic craft. Only to the masterwork version. Weapons you can use the masterwork version and you get completion for the masterwork version plus green thru epic

Message 4 of 7 (138 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I guess its called challenge for a reason.

Message 5 of 7 (81 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Silthosreaper wrote:

With weapons you can use the masterwork version to complete gear challenges. With your abilities you have to equip a epic version to complete green thru epic. So im stuck in gm1 or 2 having to use epics or drop the difficulty to get no loot. Can this be changed. Also why can this ONLY  be completed in freeplay. 

I agree this is annoying in that you need to swap to a inferior piece of gear to complete the challenge. 

Message 6 of 7 (74 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@SharkyH wrote:

I guess its called challenge for a reason.

Its really not challenging thou just annoying ive already completed some of it. I had deleted all my epics b4 i even noticed you needed it to do this as i was completing the weapons first. Ran a bunch of tyrant to get the epic versions back. The thing is i could be in freeplay gm2 or even grouped 3 and completing them farming upgrades instead its gm1 to really not get much loot. Plus i dont think this was intentional because the weapons can be completed with just the masterwork.

Message 7 of 7 (50 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help