Re: Haven't played in 3 weeks and I do not miss this game

by 40b073ch

Original Post

Haven't played in 3 weeks and I do not miss this game

★★ Guide

Stale game, map changes take 6 months+, no new guns, no new items, no new mechanics.  Awful low tick servers, awful hit registration

Shotgun and snipers???  lol, no thanks, snooze fest.  That should be a regular mode rotation, not some "special event" 

Apex makes Fortnite look better and better every day, it's crazy.  The map changes and variations and new things introduced into Fortnite on a regular basis show how to keep a one map battle royale game interesting

And Apex can not keep up. . 

Message 1 of 42 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@unferthWhile I agreed with low tick servers and awful hit registration ( it's the same thing btw), I disagree with the rest.

- Frequent new maps ? PUBG did it and get stuck because of it. They have total 4 maps and still can't solve the map selection issue at the moment. Everyone who plays PUBG regularly will understand.

-New guns, new items: imo, it's better to put extra caution when introduce new weapon to BR game. Imo, Apex strike a fairly good balance between weapons. No matter what tier, every weapon has its own place in the game, no weapon is completely useless.
Been through different meta since Feb ( Wingman, peacekeeper meta -> Alternator meta -> Longbow meta) the balance is still acceptable in this stage.
PUBG has introduced a fair share of new guns, but alot of them find little usage throughout the game.

- Regular mode rotation and event , what's the difference ?

- What mechanic do you want in a shooter game?

Couldn't care less about Fortnite. No matter what the changes, third person and building mechanic ruin the aspect of a shooter game so i will never consider playing it.

Message 2 of 42 (635 Views)

★★★ Pro
@unferth Then why come to the forums at all?
Message 3 of 42 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

A feedback is a feedback anyway but there's a difference between a FPS and a construction site simulator! 

Message 4 of 42 (611 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

No, it's not bad hit registration at all. 

I play with 150ms latency (from across the planet) and I can hit a moving target at 100% accuracy no pre-fire no lag compensated aiming, nothing.

So what then you ask?

Simple, the weapons are TOTALLY imbalanced when you put them into the hands of a skilled player. For all the good work these people have done, they somehow did not anticipate how quickly you can hose someone down with most weapons. Or they balanced the game for console players that basically will always have r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d aim because of controllers.

This means that as you gain "rank" (read skill) your weapons become more impotent. This is them castrating your weapons so that newbies don't get frustrated and leave. It has nothing to do with netcode or bad hit registration.

You should see my games. My targets bounce around like frogs on a Sunday when I shoot them. They move in ways that put them anywhere except where my bullets go. They (vibrate) strafe in front of me faster than I can rotate my player's aim with the god damn mouse. It is so blatantly obvious. The game is rigged. Until the noobs skill up (those streamer noobs with the auto aim) your game client is going to work against you by rendering your targets where they are not causing you to "miss" them. 

Message 5 of 42 (585 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@unferth But Fortnite is a building battle royale game. I still prefer Apex. I'm waiting for Season 3 and playing Gears 5 x)
Message 6 of 42 (553 Views)

this game is cancer, full of hackers, unlimited supply of random nubs, garbage netcode / server, a lot of bugs that they said fixed but didn't, event = release $18 skins, no real content, calling your potential spender a freeloader and *...

Message 7 of 42 (545 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They alter mouse input.

They can crash your GPU to if they want. 

These guys think they are on top of the food chain. 

Message 8 of 42 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Further more. 

They run some kind of negative reinforcement in the game where if you do stupid things they immediately kill you off. They do this so that they can extract perfect games from you, which they then give to their marketing department who then gives those to streamers that pretend to be playing while they replay those games. 

I mean you should watch these streamers. Talking like crazy while fighting, every god damn detail. "He is cracked, oh he is below me oh he has a peacekeeper oh he is on 30% health" Are you kidding me? What a joke. Nobody plays like that. You cannot talk continuously and play this game it is too taxing. 

Like the game, which is pretty good, they have this entire thing worked out 100%. They will stop at nothing to achieve total domination. 

Message 9 of 42 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@40b073ch Seen afew times where they are ''playing'' but puts both hands over their head to stretch while his character is still walking around..

He must be good with his feet! :P
Message 10 of 42 (525 Views)