Have Respawn altered structures..?

by EryxApex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Have Respawn altered structures..?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Seems like they have done some overhaul to certain buildings and areas, as I'm suddenly unable to scale certain walls, cliffs and objects, that I was able to climb up several times in the past... Ledges have been added, it seems, and some areas no longer have ledges needed to climb up... What, did it get too hard for the newbies to have enemies appearing in unexpected places..?!

Message 1 of 5 (467 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Have Respawn altered structures..?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EryxApexAhhh, no haven’t noticed since I’m not a wallcrawler, but a door buster :P stop scaling walls! You’ll make children cry at night.

It’s not the first time Respawn removed structures tho. In S1 or 2 they did this for example in Bunker so ppl wouldn’t be able to camp up high so others wouldn’t see them. They did put those locals in the patch notes tho...

So maybe in upcoming patch they’ll put it in

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (407 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@EryxApex I have not seen this happen luckily. Do you have examples or do you just mean the general scaling has been altered?
Message 2 of 5 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Koochi-QNo, there are areas, like for example in the Capitol, where you could scale entire buildings because of ledges, but now, it seems the ledges have been removed/moved, so you can't reach them any more. It was cheesy, but I surprised many adversaries when suddenly reaching places that are hard to reach in an unorthodox way... And now impossible to reach the same way...

Message 3 of 5 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EryxApexAhhh, no haven’t noticed since I’m not a wallcrawler, but a door buster :P stop scaling walls! You’ll make children cry at night.

It’s not the first time Respawn removed structures tho. In S1 or 2 they did this for example in Bunker so ppl wouldn’t be able to camp up high so others wouldn’t see them. They did put those locals in the patch notes tho...

So maybe in upcoming patch they’ll put it in

Message 4 of 5 (408 Views)

Community Manager

Pray we don't alter them fur... wait, wrong franchise. 

Yep tweaks and changes to the maps will be made from time to time. 

If you encounter areas, or consistent structures that aren't working as you feel they should, please pop a bug report about it and we'll take a look. The area may be as designed (and it sounds like you've encountered some anti-cheese changes) or maybe it's a spot that needs another look. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (232 Views)