Has there been any official acknowledgement of controller input problems?

by McGoughTheHermit

Original Post

Has there been any official acknowledgement of controller input problems?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have been looking around the forums here and I see many, many reports (including mine) of the game not recognising input devices, notably rudder pedals, or only recognising one direction on an axis (ie you can only assign 'yaw right' to pedals) but I have not found any official response.

On the known issues thread, here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/SW-Squadrons-Known-Issues-amp-Announcements/m-p/9526030#M...

The only comment is "For your peripherals, you'll also need to install the latest drivers".

I am not able to follow all channels (twitter, facebook, reddit etc etc) so I rely on a customer rep making a comment on the official EA forums, but so far I can't find one.

Anyone else found one?

Cheers

Message 1 of 4 (534 Views)

Re: Has there been any official acknowledgement of controller input problems?

★★★★ Apprentice

seems like this forum  is useless in that regard.

The mods edit what they deem inappropriate, but seem to be bound by rules or simply by lack of knowledge to answer on technical issues or address actual issues in an official form/statement.

Message 2 of 4 (511 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nearly two weeks since release and I still can't bind HOTAS or rudder peddles correctly.  The game is not playable and there seems to be no indication on here that these issues are accepted, never mind will be fixed.

Just give us some clear direction, EA.  That there are issues or you are happy just to rip us off, at least be honest about it.

Message 3 of 4 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@McGoughTheHermit wrote:

I have been looking around the forums here and I see many, many reports (including mine) of the game not recognising input devices, notably rudder pedals, or only recognisig one direction on an axis (ie you can only assign 'yaw right' to pedals) but I have not found any official response.

On the known issues thread, here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/SW-Squadrons-Known-Issues-amp-Announcements/m-p/9526030#M...

The only comment is "For your peripherals, you'll also need to install the latest drivers".

I am not able to follow all channels (twitter, facebook, reddit etc etc) so I rely on a customer rep making a comment on the official EA forums, but so far I can't find one.

Anyone else found one?

Cheers

Game still doesn't recognize my throttle, and this is on a HOTAS with a total of one USB cable, not 2 or 3 modular units with dedicated cables (throttle connects to stick base). If it weren't for vjoy/Joystick Gremlin, I would have zero flight time and an unrefundable game.

Vibration doesn't work either.

HOTAS with vibration function

HORI FLIGHTSTICK 3

Recognized as Flightstick3 by Windows.

(VID: 0F0D, PID: 0018)

[{2F87C733-60E0-4355-8515-95D6978418B2}]

Message 4 of 4 (492 Views)