Re: Has anyone made sentient species that use cell mouths?

by BugWomanZ

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Not me but my older brother who used my copy of Spore before me did use cell mouths the whole game! It's not a big deal, just make sure you have other self-defence or social features to cover up your Level 1 Sing/Bite lmao.

Message 11 of 15 (674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Man I miss this game.  And yes, I've done that Standard smile lol

Message 12 of 15 (625 Views)

★ Novice

My main creature has the omnivore cell mouth inside it's normal mouth like a tongue, but idk if that counts

Message 13 of 15 (611 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

This may not be what you are looking for, but I thought I'd share my experience. I didn't use the cell mouth as the only mouth, but I kept the omnivore mouth from the cell stage.

Despite my efforts of varying my cell's diet (and I've tried many times), the game still classified my cell an "herbivore" at the end of my cell run, so my mouth choices if I upgraded were only herbivore mouths. So what I did was keep the omnivore mouth on either side of an herbivore mouth. As long as I have those, my creature gets to stay an omnivore. When I experimented and took it off... herbivore. So I hit "undo" and kept that omnivore mouth. Interestingly, my "special ability" was still the herbivore one (Siren song) despite my label saying "omnivore."

And when my creature eats, it eats with one of those omnivore mouths. It sings and bites with the herbivore mouth though. So far, even in the Tribal stage, the tribe members can collect killed animals as food, so the creature still seems to function as an omnivore.

Message 14 of 15 (580 Views)

★★★ Novice

It does not really count since this topic is intended to cover sentient species that ONLY have cell mouths and NOTHING ELSE.

Message 15 of 15 (199 Views)