Has Apex Legends cheating problem been addressed?

by StarvingVirtues

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Has Apex Legends cheating problem been addressed?

★★★★★ Novice

I took a very long break from the game due to cheaters absolutely infesting games. 

Has there been any significant progress at curtailing cheating? Or are cheaters still running rampant in Apex?

Message 1 of 27 (6,875 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Has Apex Legends cheating problem been addressed?

Community Manager

Hi @StarvingVirtues Are team is constantly working on making the game a better experience for everyone. While changes have been made with the game if you come across anyone who may be breaking our rules be sure to report them for the proper team to investigate. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 27 (6,854 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @StarvingVirtues Are team is constantly working on making the game a better experience for everyone. While changes have been made with the game if you come across anyone who may be breaking our rules be sure to report them for the proper team to investigate. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 27 (6,855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Has the cheating problem been addressed in Apex? in a word no,will it be addressed? I seriously doubt it.And as long as the reporting system continues to be as bad as it is now nothing will really change.I'm primarily PS5 player & whenever I have encountered blatant cheating with players on the Playstation instead of reporting them on Apex's rather non-existent report system instead I get bypassed to the PS report system & the rigmarole that entails which believe me is an absolute waste of time.

With season 11 only days way will anything be fixed regarding cheating or for that matter match-making (which is still a joke) or servers?I won't be holding my breath I'm afraid.

Message 3 of 27 (6,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In 1 out of 10 games, you may not encounter a cheater. It’s sad that they don’t deal with it, but they might not be banned because scammers also buy battlepas in addition to cheating. :eazipped_lips:
Message 4 of 27 (6,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@EA_Illium How?  I'm on PS4 and it's virtually impossible to do this in any sort of easy fashoin.

I've reported a team mate (as it's easier to shop your team mates and this was was like level 20 and absolutely destroying everything we encountered - sure he was on my team but this type of thing ruins it for everyone) for smurfing once that's it.

Message 5 of 27 (6,594 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's called a Cronus Zen, or other devices similar in nature. Allows people to plug into their console with modded scripts to eliminate gun recoil and aim bot are the two I'm aware of. I bet there's a script for vision on enemy locations/health/armor/ect. too but I'm not entirely sure.

It's entirely possible to cheat on consoles so anyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong. There's an entire business market revolving around video game cheating and hacks, and they make millions off providing either a monthly subscription for a program, or physical device that I saw GameStop selling for $50. Used to respect GameStop but no legit gamer true to the spirit of sportsmanship would ever facilitate online PvP multiplayer cheating, I got no problem with people using cheats in single player modes or co-op campaigns and modes like that but to have an unfair advantage over players who are oblivious to the fact they are fighting a team that's getting help with their weapon recoil, aim, or constant info on all enemies in the match is just sleazy.

They are always the ones who talk the most trash as well Ive noticed. First ones to call their teammates or your team trash with zero provocation, and even blame their poor performance on others. It's always someone else's fault, and never in a million years result of their decisions they made because in their head nothing they ever do is wrong. Narcissistic tendencies are a signifier that they would have no problem engaging in cheating being their conscience isn't bothered at all because they justify it to themselves with some logic that they deserve it somehow. Or they cognitively deny the fact they are cheating to themselves to the extent they actually truly believe it. Ive witnessed people in my life deny actions they took, or conversations we had previously like it never happened. Which is a form of gaslighting, so it's extremely useful to have the knowledge to pick up on people that engage in these types of behavior so you can better understand people you encounter and deal with on a day to day basis, even outside of online and in person.

Message 6 of 27 (6,500 Views)

★★ Novice

Just got to the game and the cheats are not fun killing the game ,just google apex cheat or use even YouTube it's so not unfair aimbot ,wallhacks sometimes I get killed and I don't even know how look what cheats offers  ,I don't want use cheat and I don't want play a game with alot of cheaters especially ps and Xbox players ..I love the game I don't want quit it back, cheaters are slowly killing the mood of playing apex I already regrets buying bundles cause it seems useless to stay in a gam with th anti cheat system that doesn't work

Message 7 of 27 (6,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@StarvingVirtues wrote:

I took a very long break from the game due to cheaters absolutely infesting games. 

Has there been any significant progress at curtailing cheating? Or are cheaters still running rampant in Apex?

Few mechanical cheaters on PC these days, console is still full of XIM and strikepacks, some on PC but nothing like before (and a bunch of bug exploiters ofc as usual). Aimbot is very seldom these days compared to before, I think I meet aimbots every 10-20 games max maybe even less then that. BUT the smurf situation is worse then ever, game is almost unplayable if you try play ranked and try take it slow, perhaps have a break in the middle of the season, when you come mid 2nd split gold and platinum is just infested by smurfs sweating their arses off. (yes smurfing is cheating and a reportable offence but I dont think they do anything with it so we end up with a game not working for the masses.)

In general if you keep your stats down and dont sweat to hard youll stay out of the smurfs way and can have a lot of fun but if you try be good, you gona have a bad time in general I think still (btw solo and not teaming will give you a different exp though, but then youll meet the hot drop crew that everyone is complaining about hehe).

Message 8 of 27 (6,239 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Havent noticed too many maybe a couple esp cheaters here and there with ahk scripts making up the balk of them havent notices any blatant cheaters since last week.

Message 9 of 27 (6,179 Views)

★★ Novice

@sceptic-noob , you're right. It's not as bad as the first few seasons. But I see players using aimbots in nearly half my games, some aren't nearly as blatant as others. Some actually try to hide it. But it is running rampant right now, and the reason I took two months off from the game and will not spend any more money on it. Arguably the best FPS being ruined by cheats. SMH.

Message 10 of 27 (5,938 Views)