Re: Hardcore Mode in Battlefield 2042

by GRiPSViGiL

Original Post

Hardcore Mode in Battlefield 2042

★★★ Apprentice

In the past we have all enjoyed playing Hardcore in battlefield. Hardcore made battlefield way better of a game. It felt realistic. It made teams/ squads/ clans play more tactically. It brought a certain level of chaos that core (regular gameplay) could not compare too. I don't want to see another Battlefield with such hype now get destroyed after the first 6 months or have a repeat of Battlefield 5. Sure core is ok to play but it doesn't give that same thrill as Hardcore does. So I ask for the community to help. Lets bring back Hardcore and bring back the amazing memories we used to have playing this awesome game! 

Click the link below to sign the petition:

http://chng.it/Gk6TNmjj

DICE, Please bring back Hardcore mode in Battlefield 2042.

Sincerely,

The Hardcore Community

Message 1 of 35 (18,420 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have always appreciated Hardcore mode and while I never played it much, I see its appeal.  I will hope it shows up as well!

Message 2 of 35 (18,395 Views)

Hello @zschillzz

If Hardcore Mode will not be in Multiplayer rotation, Im sure players will be able to Create their own Hardcore Server when RSP/Community Games arrive into BATTLEFIELD 2042. Standard smile

No info on Custom Servers yet, but we are sure it will be a thing in Battlefield 2042. Stay Tuned for more info after EA Play - July 22
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 35 (18,386 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

See that's the problem. It should be released day of along with Core (Regular Gameplay). The Hardcore community makes up a reasonable sized percentage of battlefield. The past two games really made players either not want to return to the game and go play call of duty or play for a bit and delete the game. Thus, the community tanked because of it. 

Message 4 of 35 (18,367 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I do like hardcore mode but sometimes the lower health gets tedious.  I just hope there are servers with no 3D spotting.

Message 5 of 35 (18,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I only played Battlefield on the Frostbite engine (BFBC2, BF3, BF4, Hardline )  in the default hardcore mode on procon.  So when I say this I say this with a heavy heart...   Hardcore is only 10% of the player base these days.  There may have been a time when it was greater but since BF4 it's barely been 10%.  Also the main reason for the BF4 crowd not moving to BF1  and BF5 was that they could handle the slight shortening of the TTK and the slight reduction in the spotting mechanic.  You read the forums, that was the biggest single complain from the true battlefielders..

So If you think that a game with 64 enemies, plenty of them  AI bots, is going to be a short TTK you are dreaming. The spotting will most likely be back to BF4 levels with all the new future gear and the TTK is going to have to be very long just so you have a chance to survive on the battlefield.

DICE tried to move the core player base to a more hardcore game style and the player base spat it right back in their face.   So don't expect much hardcore in BF2042  sorry.

Message 6 of 35 (18,239 Views)

★★ Guide

Get back classic HC mode on the BF2042 launch!

Message 7 of 35 (18,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

100% need Hardcore mode in Battlefield 2042.

Message 8 of 35 (17,887 Views)

★★ Expert
I quess the answer to this wish is Battlefield Portal.
Message 9 of 35 (17,880 Views)

★★★ Novice

As long as the portal is ranked I don't mind.

Message 10 of 35 (17,879 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help