Sadly , i was looking forward to buy this game but after playing today's open beta, i am afraid this will be a very easy decision: HARD PASS!
My reasons are as follows:
I should go on, because i do have much more reasons but i think that for me, even the ones i have listed are enough to turn me permanently off this game.
Clearly Anthem was developed with console in mind (nothing wrong there) and the PC port is a hot mess, rush broken game.
GL with your game tho, i know many will bite on it. Especially console players, obv. PC players got royally screwed
February - last edited February
So ill respond to your feedback
1. Don't have this issue at all
2. Flying seems fine to me its a little clunky but i think its workable
3. Swimming sucks on ALL platforms idk why they put swimming in at this point lol
4. No OP
5. I think the UI could use some work indeed.
6. No OP
7. Town walking: DEV team SAID release date you can RUN in the town (read up some :D
8. The optimization is bad but i was running at 2560x1440P 55-75 High settings could use work indeed but not terrible
9. I do think the VoIP is broken in the game i and no one i know has gotten it to work at all.
10. Free roam: dont have this issue
11. Keybinding the keys SUCK on this game had to changed every single key almost lol
12. Weapon Reticles (This is a 3rd person shooter this isn't even a valid argument?) The snipers work fine i like them alot!
I agree it was made for console but i think the PC version is better once you plug in a controller to it
They've already addressed a majority of your issues. I think in game chat is the only one I've not seen anything about.
To get you up to speed.
"Brenon Holmes explains the implementation is complicated by the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA), which mandates text-to-speech functionality in certain games released after 12/31/18."
"The FCC had extended its video game industry waiver for another year back in December, which means games released past December 31, 2018 will have to adhere to these guidelines. While the task of turning all text in-game to speech would be monumental, it’s disappointing a publisher as big as EA isn’t able to commit to having these features."
My Reasons to Pass:
Published by: EA
Dev Studio Bioware (RIP)
Cash grab that will be F2P in 3 months.
Buy,Rent,Wait: Wait will be F2P before long and everyone paying for it now will be kicking themselves.
If im wrong: Warframe is far superior in content and gameplay.
I would put the obligatory ascii art of me either taking a dump on anthem or anthem being piece of poo...art is subjective after all...but those get deleted.