Re: Half the time to kill or double the magazine size.

by Coyotekins_YouTB

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The amount of times me shooting someone in the back has led to me dying is kinda ridiculous. An enemy was focusing my team, i used bloodhounds ulti, rush behind them, emptied a 25 R301 clip in to a guys back, he then turns around, starts dueling me during my reload, i managed to switch to peacekeeper and hit him twice to finish him off, i ended up with like 20hp. You should never have time to react when taking a full clip in the back. Pointless even flanking if that's the case... 

Message 41 of 58 (489 Views)
Highlighted

Please dont lower the time to kill ill be very upset. I freaking love this game as it is!

Message 42 of 58 (478 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I agree longer ttk favors the player with better aim. However the player with better aim already has that advantage.

I can see how this (seemingly very long compared to other BR’s TTK) is frustrating for people. Hit a player 10x or more with a lower dmg weapon, just to watch him get away. Then you find him healed, and jump shotty coming your way.

Maybe some compromise will come in the future regarding TTK. I personally feel it’s long enough that even with a nerf (say 5% less protection from armor) TTK would still feel nice and long.
Message 43 of 58 (473 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is NOT TRUE AT ALL. The only gun(s) that I've use weird it takes a mag or 2 is the R-99 and the Mozambique.

Message 44 of 58 (470 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Out of all the forums I've seen you're the only 1 crying about ttk.
Message 45 of 58 (470 Views)

★ Guide

High TTK rewards good aim and punishes campers. I like that. Don't waste ammo and time to kill knocked out people, they'll be brought back to the match anyway if you die.

Message 46 of 58 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It's a BR game...they all tend to have a "long" TTK especially if they have armour. If you insta died it would not be a fun game to play because there isn't an instant respawn...instant...Plus you can pick up extended mags

Message 47 of 58 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty bad at shooters, Onlineplay has not been kind to my K/D :P

But I think the time to kill is pretty good as is. The game seems designed for medium to close range engagements and at those ranges people die like flies if their loot tier is somewhat the same.

EDIT: Even faster if one side has lesser tier loot.

Message 48 of 58 (439 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

As I say in the title of my post, I dont mind the long time to kill as long as I dont have to reload all the time. You tube is full of videos saying that you need 2-3 clips to kill someone and some call Apex a reload simulator.

In solos(when they come in play) Im sure that long time to kill will reward good aim and it will be great. But for now, long time to kill rewards bad players who wait for their teams to save them.

Message 49 of 58 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

LOL

Try Aiming, "half the time to kill or double magazine size" try "double your accuracy"

1.  Use the right gun. If you're using an R-99 at 100m  OR a longbow at 5m you're doing it wrong.

2.  Try using ADS so you have a smaller weapon spread

3.  Stocks and Barrel stabilizers are a thing...

4.  You can already get larger magazine sizes.

5.  Aim at the upper chest so that some of the spread/recoil will connect as a headshot

6.  Practice and get used to the bullet drop and velocity.

7.  Try comboing your weapons (switching between them) Just do 150 to a guy with purple shield? Switch to an SMG, Shotgun or even pistol (all of which have really fast weapon switch speed) and finish them off

8.  Stop holding down / spamming fire and take time to line up your shots

Literally every non-pistol weapon in the game is capable of 1 mag/clipping a Purple shield player to the body WITHOUT the extended magazine attachment...

TTK in this game is perfectly fine for the vast majority of the weapons.

Message 50 of 58 (406 Views)