Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Hailing On All Frequencies EA/BIO

by zthylacine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hailing On All Frequencies EA/BIO

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ea help, anthem the game, what are you guys up to?

You’re not even promoting your game on twitter anymore.

its been four days since you’ve tweeted. 

I’ve personally sent countless screen caps, videos, and issues to you on all hailing frequencies: eahelp, anthem the game, everyone tied to it I could find.. No assurances, acknowledgments, rebuttal, retort, or reply of any kind.

I recently found an issue in necropolis that allowed (or forced depending on how you look at it) to fall through the floor and out of the map; I would think that would be something that you’d be concerned about.

it says a lot that you aren’t tweeting and that only a few hundred people are replying to your tweets when you do tweet. How can you expect us to be excited about this stronghold when you, yourselves, seem to be checked out.

All we are left with is talk of the game being made in nine months, people quitting over depression, arguments between devs and suits, how many people were moved off the game before it was even released, how it was rushed, and how you’ll abandon this game for dragon age 4.

i very - very much want this game to succeed. It had a lot of positives, good lore, fun shooting gameplay, some good community online, and a lot of upside but it’s obviously not meeting potential. Why not learn from other games? Allow us to design emblems, equip more than 3 emotes (elite controller), maybe create an extra level of difficulty or two, add an 8 person raid, hell - even some of those fort Tarsis side stories were entertaining enough to look forward to when my loot filled up. Add more wildlife. I don’t care if it’s hostile, make the world appear fluid. RDR2 is teaming with wildlife. So was RDR1, give us something to make us feel like you’re trying.

elysian decals that you took out of the trash can (did not make decal cut originally) isn’t exciting

Maybe make rewards more exciting than ember.. that we already have too much of from breaking down components. Auras around javelins for certain challenges, guns that are customizable (all the way back to OLD COD games)..

WHY are you not gleaning off other successful things in other games or at least listening? I don’t plan on leaving the game but at this point, I feel those who want a refund should get one. 

You aren’t holding up your end. Go watch your own original reveal video at E3 from TWO THOUSAND SEVENTEEN

Message 1 of 9 (255 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hailing On All Frequencies EA/BIO

★ Guide

@zthylacine wrote:

The sentiment is not lost on me, however, who is to say what can and cannot be changed? It’s some zeros and ones.

They’ve posted a job for a “loot design expert” with a lengthy job description and not even commented on it.

Yes it was a momentary ray of hope. Notice that it was posted by a player cause that is how we get all info on this forum. EA has always been bad at communicating with their customer but they have taken it to a whole new level with anthem. it actually is non-existent. When this has been brought up on the forums before it has been drowned by trash like this is not the game official site, another nice ploy tag this site as official game site then deny it with this is only a Q&A site. Then tell everyone that the post on twitter and reddit. Well I had a look at those to not a lot there at all. So apart from a few promotional posts communication with the community has been nil.... 

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (154 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

"accept the things you can not change.."

Message 2 of 9 (229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The sentiment is not lost on me, however, who is to say what can and cannot be changed? It’s some zeros and ones.

They’ve posted a job for a “loot design expert” with a lengthy job description and not even commented on it.

Message 3 of 9 (225 Views)

Champion

@zthylacine wrote:

Why do you feel they should?

The company I work for doesn't discuss its recruitment policy with its customers either.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 4 of 9 (194 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Do you want a personal 1 on 1 conversation? That's not how it usually works when you give feedback or bugreports

There's a livestream tomorrow and I doubt your bug-reports aren't of any use to Bioware just because you get no feedback - which is pretty common in larger-scale projects.

Message 5 of 9 (172 Views)

★ Guide

@zthylacine wrote:

Yes it was a momentary ray of hope. Notice that it was posted by a player cause that is how we get all info on this forum. EA has always been bad at communicating with their customer but they have taken it to a whole new level with anthem. it actually is non-existent. When this has been brought up on the forums before it has been drowned by trash like this is not the game official site, another nice ploy tag this site as official game site then deny it with this is only a Q&A site. Then tell everyone that the post on twitter and reddit. Well I had a look at those to not a lot there at all. So apart from a few promotional posts communication with the community has been nil.... 

Message 6 of 9 (155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No, personally I do not.

How about listening to the community as a whole, not displaying a unprecedented and ubiquitous level of laziness and apathy for starters?

Same exact items in featured store this week as a couple weeks ago. 

I’m salivating at the thought of the large scale projects you speak of when they can’t even come up with a new micro transactions to sell.

Message 7 of 9 (141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don’t care what company you work for, with all respect or with as least as much respect as that can come across with in this medium.

Much like a movie or tv-show, the general idea is to invoke excitement and “buy-in” in the entertainment industry.

That’s why things are hyped around who is involved in the project.

Don’t act like you don’t pay attention to who is involved in game production, what resources are being allocated, and what company it’s coming from. There are big name game developers just like producers and directors.

E.g. terminator reboot being taken semi-seriously due to James Cameron being involved for the first time since T-2. Is it owed to me to divulge the information; it is not. Will it contribute to my potential consumption? Yes, it will.

if that analogy doesn’t work for you.. if a fighter starts losing fights, he doesn’t owe it to anyone to tell anyone he switched coaches and training camps but it may impact betting odds and PPV purchases.

E.g. People believing Andrei Arlovski would dethrone Fedor when he began training at wild card with Freddie Roach. A lot of people on prevalent MMA sites began hyping the fight as a genuine challenge for Fedor and made the flash in the pan affliction fight promotion some coin.

in short, tell us what you’re doing to keep us around and make us enjoy the game.

Message 8 of 9 (122 Views)

★★ Guide

@Xenowulf wrote:

@zthylacine wrote:

whoa whoa whoa whoa.. BIOWARE has always been bad at communicating with their customers, not EA. ea generally reacts to backlash, like changing things that infuriate players or if you recall the case of sim city giving away entire games as an "im sorry" for what by most standards are pretty common launch day issues. you can easily get EA on the phone if you want~! try talking to bioware on any level.

Message 9 of 9 (89 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help