Had a real karen in my arena, took a word wrong then bailed and was wrong.

by Ev3rM0r3

Original Post

Re: Had a real karen in my arena, took a word wrong then bailed and was wrong.

Champion
@Ev3rM0r3 It contains a certain word that the auto detection could use and result in a ban. Keep using it and see what happens.
Message 11 of 28 (273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@hayhor wrote:
@Ev3rM0r3Fyi naming and shaming isnt allowed on the forums. Also, you could still get in trouble for what you said.

@hayhor Why?  There is *nothing* wrong with what he said.  Not a thing.\

If people are getting banned for this the problem lies with how the bans are applied and *THAT'S* the problem.

As a Computer Science University Academic type who literally studies the technologies used behind these types of things, there is no excuse.  None.

- DR

Message 12 of 28 (262 Views)

Champion
@RockDokRock You can call it whatever you want. I wouldn't mess with it myself.
Message 13 of 28 (254 Views)

★ Expert

If you all played COD back in the day, you know exactly what I'm talking about, and we all turned out just fine.

This cancel culture fad is getting a little ridiculous, you can't even curse without catching a ban anymore.

Message 14 of 28 (248 Views)

★★★ Pro

@hayhor You've completely missed my point.

Message 15 of 28 (245 Views)

Hero
@Gabrielmojo26 Companies have the obligations to keep their community safe. Some companies just care about their community more than others. It does not matter what the player base feels should be allowed or not. Internet bullying can lead to many things to harm a user who was called a name and took it to heart. the community does not need toxicity inside the game. They can save that for their call of duty game where that company cares none about its users or their safety.

It has nothing to do with cancel culture its purely to keep the community a toxic free zone. You do not know what problems someone is facing and plays games to escape those problems or life style to only log into a game and hear the same things or worse. While some find a name harmless another user may find it very offensive enough so to harm them self or others due to internet bullying. There is a reason Laws exist for these concerns. This company up holds those laws and ensures the player base is safe from this type of bullying. The game is not here to insult users because they play differently or they lashed out first. What the game will do though is remove those users for creating a toxic environment for others.

https://www.ea.com/commitments/positive-play

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 28 (241 Views)

★ Expert
@E9ine_AC What company are we talking about here, because if we’re talking about EA, who’s greed oozes abundantly from microtransactions, then yeah, I’m sure they really care!
Message 17 of 28 (223 Views)

Hero
@Gabrielmojo26 How a company operates or earns its money has zero to do with online bullying. Nor does it have anything to do with keeping the users of this game safe in terms of hate speech and harassment. So when you can come up with a more logical reason about the topic at hand please share your thoughts on it. Money has nothing to do with it.

Companies are here to make money. So micro transactions are 100% understandable. Why did the game who started this not called greedy? Fortnite open the door to micro transactions.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 18 of 28 (219 Views)

★ Expert
@E9ine_AC You know exactly what I'm saying here, but you need to push that champion agenda, it's all good!
Message 19 of 28 (216 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RockDokRock The bans are carried out by bots/AI. This has been stated and verified. This is why ppl get randomly banned (on stream and off) for absolutely nothing.

In case of japanese ppl, nigero means run, but what does the AI/bot see? The word without an ‘o’. Many japanese got banned for this and went to reddit. You can ask @Cheese9Man about it as well.

Same thing here. If a certain word is contained within a bigger word and someone wants to grief you, he can send it as ‘evidence’ of profanity or hate speech. A non-human will likely evaluate it and if it’s not a good one so to speak, bam, ban, bye and then we all know how difficult it is to get your account back, even with evidence xD.

Hayhor knows that what he said isn’t bad, he was alluding to the fact that you can still get banned for it tho
Message 20 of 28 (205 Views)