Re: Hackers will kill off this game if this is not adressed in the next month

by Vulcannis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hackers will kill off this game if this is not adressed in the next month

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hackers are killing the game, it used to be a rare thing to ecounter hacks in the game but now almost every game has one, how is it possible that this guy has gotten 1k plus kills ( in wraith only ) and hes still not banned? the game is broken, no anti cheat.

dude aiming thru houses and mountains, autolocking on people etc... 

Message 1 of 10 (486 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, please do not share links to any cheats you may see as doing so is technically a breach of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

From here on out, any sharing of videos or naming of users and accusing them of cheating or linking to cheating sites will result in bans.

If you are in game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (390 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

It has been addressed again.  Currently at 355k+ banned and they are working with a specialized team to improve anti-cheat.  Check out this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/Respawn-Check-In-3-8-2019/m-p/7653687#M17

Have some patience, I doubt the team predicted so many people would have flocked to their game in such a short period of time.  They won't outwardly say it but I'd be willing to bet they are a bit overwhelmed and under-prepared.  Give them some time to reevaluate the situation and strengthen their team and effectiveness.  These kind of changes don't happen overnight.  Imagine having hundreds of thousands, if not MILLIONS of variables to organize and maintain on a daily basis. 

Try to put yourself in their position.  You don't think they want their game to succeed?  You think they want to be known as a company that encourages cheating?  You don't think they want people to be able to enjoy their game?  They gave it to us free for crying out loud.  

There are just some things that can't be publicly disclosed because, well, you see how the public is.  They get easily irked and outraged at the most minuscule tidbits of information.  They get overly hyped over the most unreliable leaks.  Of course they aren't going to be 100% transparent with us; it'll just add more necessary stress and right now is a crucial point in time for them to maintain focus.

Message 2 of 10 (453 Views)

★ Apprentice
Old news, it is not addressed
Message 3 of 10 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's a free 2 play game what did you expect. They working on the problem more communication would mean that hackers could anticipate what they are preparing to counter them. 

Hackers will be Always there this not new. 

honestly in 60 hours games i never encountered a single one. Stop being so dramatic  

Message 4 of 10 (401 Views)

★ Apprentice

trust me you have encountered them if you play on PC

Message 5 of 10 (396 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, please do not share links to any cheats you may see as doing so is technically a breach of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

From here on out, any sharing of videos or naming of users and accusing them of cheating or linking to cheating sites will result in bans.

If you are in game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (391 Views)

★ Guide

It's definitely getting worse by the day, just hope something is done soon as it's getting boring.

Message 7 of 10 (366 Views)

★ Guide

soon, half of this game community use cheats if its not fix. 

Message 8 of 10 (356 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

with a history of programming in my past, (used to make and sell software for email spammers in early 2000s) in the dev process it was easy to make the software understand the basic rules and understand what I didn't want to happen, So I cannot understand how the blatant cheaters are allowed to go for so long without being banned before Easy-Anti-cheat has to take over

I can easily think up several mechanics to control the blatant cheaters, its easy server side to do so, I can only imagine that Respawns heavily modified Half life engine simply lacks the ability to do any of it on its own

Message 9 of 10 (320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's a free to play game with a profit system based around buying skins for weapons and characters. Free to play is how companies make money now so that comment is worthless. And 60 hours in you haven't lasted long enough to meet a hacker it seems.  

Message 10 of 10 (304 Views)