Re: Hackers steal Frostbite source code from EA!

by Real_Noobalishus

Original Post

Hackers steal Frostbite source code from EA!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was skeptical that BF6 is gonna be better in terms of cheaters, because it is game on cat and mouse and they make a lot of money on these hacks, so they just update their hacks, after changes to a netcode... Source code of Frostbite engine worth of 780GB was stolen! According to underground hacking forums accessed by Motherboard, hackers claimed to have "full capability of exploiting on all EA services".

OK so it will be invisible cheaters flying literally every game and killing everyone again... This game is dead...

https://www.pcgamer.com/hackers-steal-fifa-21-frostbite-source-code-from-ea/

Message 1 of 19 (1,119 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yeah, we might have some soccer players kicking us to death with that compromised "...fifa-21-frostbite-source-code..."

Please do not be alarmist and just use good patience, reason, and judgement till something is officially announced.

Message 2 of 19 (1,085 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Interesting, looks like switching to a PS5 is the right move.

Message 3 of 19 (1,008 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@empleat100 There's a lot of time between now and October, a lot of these groups are probably saying they have it just for attention. Riding along the Hype train so to speak
Message 4 of 19 (992 Views)

@empleat100 i may have missed something. I have been playing battlefield series from day 1, every game. Not once have i ever thought this guy is cheating, or quit a sever because of people cheating. its not cod. Maybe i have been lucky?
Message 5 of 19 (990 Views)

★★★★ Guide

780 gb isn't a lot in the big picture. I'm not too worried. 

Message 6 of 19 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Learn to read:" These posts assert that the group has accessed the full source code for FIFA 21 and its matchmaking tools, along with the source code for the Frostbite Engine (EA's most popular in-house game engine, which is powering this year's Battlefield 2042)."

Bottom line: if they were gonna do something significat about cheaters in BF games, this is not a great news...

According to underground hacking forums accessed by Motherboard, hackers claimed to have "full capability of exploiting on all EA services". so...

But yeah they may be boasting, who knows... But fact is hackers winning the battle, I Am skeptical that new BF game will be any better in terms of cheaters...

Message 7 of 19 (945 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Honestly, considering we already had BFV, I cannot imagine how it can get any worse.

Message 8 of 19 (927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@empleat100yes, BF2042 is already a dead game now, 100% confirmed and expected.
thank you so much, DICE, and congratulation, hackers

for ur reference dude.

EA: Gaming giant hacked and source code stolen 

Message 9 of 19 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@GeneralGrievous7 wrote:
@empleat100i may have missed something. I have been playing battlefield series from day 1, every game. Not once have i ever thought this guy is cheating, or quit a sever because of people cheating. its not cod. Maybe i have been lucky?

not sure if you are trolling or completely blind. Cheaters are everywhere on PC in BF5. Here's some of my own recordings:

(Removed video no name and shame on the forum) - Atic

Message 10 of 19 (842 Views)