Re: Hackers ruining game

by AweSomeMate20Pro

Original Post

Hackers ruining game

★★★ Newbie

Every game I have played in the last hour has been ruined by hackers.

Getting to the point that there is no reason to play the game.

Message 1 of 12 (809 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agreed. I've spectated so many games just today to where the guy I spectated was wall hacking and aimbotting his way all the way to victory that it has pretty much burned me out. This game has all the potential in the world to be epic, but by the time they get around to working harder on the hacks, the core audience will be disgruntled to the point of moving on or back to another BR game. 

It seems to me like they have a skeleton crew working on anti cheat, while the hackers are in the thousands strong. 

Message 2 of 12 (791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

They don't care or they can't fix it only reasons why it has not been addressed.

Pretty soon everyone will just cheat out of frustration.

Message 3 of 12 (766 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm pretty sure it's already to that point. 

I can see the temptation. Personally I feel that if I would have to cheat to win, then I would be the first loser, but others don't feel that way and just want to get even or at least be able to compete. Even some fairly popular Youtubers are using wall hacks and aimbot to play. They claim they aren't, but when you watch how they track enemies behind objects perfectly or know exactly where someone is in an obscure hiding spot, over and over, it's pretty obvious. Or when they snap headshot nearly every shot, but the actual best FPS players in the world don't get headshots that often. 

Message 4 of 12 (736 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i only have a hour to play this game. but it is ruined by cheater in this game. i am getting frustrated. the reason i left overwatch is because there is no more fun playing. but this is worse. at least OW has broken hero which they fixed, but this game has cheaters that they cannot fix.

Message 5 of 12 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This game is quickly reaching the point of no-return on this issue where legit players are either quitting or turning to the dark side themselves.  Respawn should just sell their own aimbot/esp as a DLC at this rate.  Nobody is afraid of the consequences of hacking right now, I know a guy IRL doing it on their main account for 4 weeks and he ain't banned yet.  It's sort of at a point where one just thinks "meh, why not?"

Message 6 of 12 (704 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Don't forget to report those pesky cheats in game using the report feature or along with any evidence using the EAC link here.

All the reports you make are greatly appreciated and treated with the utmost seriousness:

• The recently added in-game reporting tool has had a big impact on discovering new cheats, including previously undetectable cheats that are now being found automatically via EAC

• Total bans are now at 770K players

• We have blocked over 300K account creations

• We have banned over 4,000 cheat seller accounts (spammers) in the last 20 days

• Total affected matches on PC impacted by cheaters or spammers has been reduced by over half in the last month due to recent efforts

Source.

Message 7 of 12 (685 Views)

★ Guide

You are correct. Funny thing is that people are actually under the impression that EA is doing anything at all with this game. They're not. They've long since moved onto the next game weeks ago. They are not treating APEX as Epic does with Fortnite. EA released the game, made a load of money and moved on the next title. Joke is on us. That is until we quit the game, which I have already. Why waste my time? 

I remember years ago when games started to suck and you had to really read reviews before you bought a game to avoid getting burned.

Since then, I never bought a game until reading the review.

That is until my kids got a little older and would get excited about a game and ask that I do a pre-order for one or another game.

That worked the first time.

Then we got burned.

So now, we're back where we started. No pre-ordering games.

As far as free games like Apex, we won't even touch those either until giving it a few weeks and reading late reviews. 

Otherwise you get into a game a get disappointed having wasted time in it. Like in Apex.

These companies really think they are getting away with something, but in the end they only hurt themselves and their reputation.

EA will simply never change.

Message 8 of 12 (678 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Foofer37Sorry to hear that you are disappointed. Frown

However, regarding the development teams at Respawn this concern was addressed in a recent update.

"Lastly, regarding other games in development at Respawn, it is important to understand that there are entirely separate development teams working on Apex Legends and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Additionally, in order to fully support Apex Legends, we are pushing out plans for future Titanfall games. No resources from the Apex Legends team are being shifted to other titles in development here at the studio, nor are we pulling resources from the team working on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order."

Source.

Message 9 of 12 (674 Views)

★ Pro
it is getting ridiculous. Im about to the point im going to quit right along with this dam hit detection and models
Message 10 of 12 (657 Views)