Re: Hackers & EA's Lip Service.

by Syzygy_Perigee

Original Post

Hackers & EA's Lip Service.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Quote: "We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate"

How is this an effective way of dealing with the problem? How many reports do you receive hourly? how long do they take to sort through and investigate? - You need to do better.

16,000 users banned for hacking... great, not sure how pathetically small a percentage of the overall hacker population that is. But how about regular ban waves and improved anti-cheat software - clearly yours is completely useless. Are you really gonna let the game that saved EA stocks die a slow death to hackers? This should be your #1 priority, I think the community would agree that we would rather you address the hacker issues before we see any new legends or guns.

1 hacker ruins the game for 59 honest players who love and support this game with their time and money.

Message 1 of 8 (444 Views)

EA/Respawn needs to address cheating ASAP

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Respawn has created arguably the BEST battle royale ever, and cheaters are making this game unplayable.

Now, before people start retorting, let me just say that I am playing from Hong Kong, so this is my experience with cheaters. Other regions does not seem to have the same amount or frequency of cheaters (thankfully).

I have played 8 games of Apex Legends today; and reported 7 cheaters with video evidence of them clearly aimhacking + wallhacking (their crosshair tracking enemies through walls and terrain etc.). One cheater even picked up his teammate's banner from over 440m away (in addition to using wallhack and aimhack).

In addition to that, I came across 3 'players' advertising cheats who then proceeded to quit the game before jump; leaving our team with just 2 players (in which my 2nd teammate will almost always quit, leaving me to try and solo the rest of the game).

In the 3 days prior to today, I have reported 11 cheaters (a total of 18 in less than a week). I can confidently say that as of this moment, over 90% of my games has a cheater.

It is very evident that whatever anti-cheat system that is in place, is inadequate. And also, based on the many threads and responses, I am not alone in this issue.

This game is amazing in many ways, but if this issue around cheating is not dealt with soon, MANY players will stop playing and this game's community might die out.

To the community: if you die in a suspicious manner, take a minute or two to observer the player that killed you. You will be able to see if they are cheating or not. And if you can, record it and submit a report. We need everyone to do fight back against cheaters.

You can report cheaters by going to: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/ and filling in the details.

Message 2 of 8 (353 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I hope EAC will prove to be a good anti-cheat. To be fair to EA, it isn't just their games that suffer from this. Obviously that's no consolation when you've just encountered someone cheating.

Message 3 of 8 (394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Money have already gone to their heads. It's OW all over again. In a few days the forums will be filled with paid trolls that say there are no cheaters and people are just bad. Then a flame war will ensue only to give the mods the reason to start locking threads and giving silences to people who voice their concerns. This will last them until next investor meeting where they will announce their glorious e-sports deal with twitch. The rest will be history as the game will die in 1-2 years.

Companies that are serious about banning cheaters, ban cheaters in mass waves and start giving out law suitsto both sites and individual cheaters alike. That stops people dead in their tracks from cheating, because in EULA you have agreed that law issues will be taken care of according to laws of (wherever the base of the company is set at). People are not stupid to risk poverty and jail time so that they can cheat in an online game.

At the same time if you want to make it even harder for cheaters to come back you implement a 2-step verification system that binds credit card info and phonenumber to accounts and once banned all are blocked.

Easy pz. But this is not what is going to happen here sadly. They celebrate 50M users when people are live streaming 20+ hours with cheats without getting caught and destroy hundreds of games.... EA is notorious for not caring about cheater problems. They just push more content, to cover up the problem and  so that the whales pay up and they don't lose their annual bonuses and their 3 * cars.

Message 4 of 8 (345 Views)

Re: EA/Respawn needs to address cheating ASAP

★★★ Apprentice

I recommend that EA deal with this by putting observers on the matches and immediately banning them when proven using cheats.

It is pretty obvious some are using hacks, I have the same experience as the OP. I also play from HK. Over 90% of my games have a cheater (whether I'm queued with one or fight with one).

I would love to support this game by paying for cosmetics but at the moment I cannot even have a decent game.

Message 5 of 8 (343 Views)

★★★★ Novice
What bothers me the most is the fact that not a single anti cheat system ever worked/works properly. There's never been a PC shooter without cheaters. How hard can it be to remove people that use software that taps into the game to give an unfair advantage. That's not meant in a bad way, more like a serious question. At this point I'd like them to make it so you can't run anything but the game itself, a voice chat program and something like OBS if that means we can finally have a cheat-less game.
Message 6 of 8 (351 Views)

★★ Guide

@Derunik wrote:
people that use software that taps into the game to give an unfair advantage

Here's the thing, Discord, Steam, TeamSpeak etc.. basically anything that creates an overlay can be hooked into the game.  If they banned people for any software changes, they would be banning any and all users who use the above as well.   And yes, I'm aware you can use Discord to inject further files into the game, which is why the cheating situation will never be controlled. 

Especially since most gaming sites are dumb, and promote the use of Discord, which is one of the biggest tools to cheat in most game. 

Message 7 of 8 (315 Views)

★ Novice

@Jungle-Beard wrote:

@Derunik wrote:
people that use software that taps into the game to give an unfair advantage

Here's the thing, Discord, Steam, TeamSpeak etc.. basically anything that creates an overlay can be hooked into the game.  If they banned people for any software changes, they would be banning any and all users who use the above as well.   And yes, I'm aware you can use Discord to inject further files into the game, which is why the cheating situation will never be controlled. 

Especially since most gaming sites are dumb, and promote the use of Discord, which is one of the biggest tools to cheat in most game. 

none of the programs you mention alter game files or inject .dll's like the vast majority of hacks do. You can eliminate hacks without messing with other peripheral apps people use. There are games like overwatch that have almost no cheating at all. I have played that game from launch, and I still play it and I have ran into one or two cheaters, period. In Apex legends I run into them every couple matches. 

Respawn can do better. It's just a matter of "will they?" before their game takes a major hit in popularity like pubg did. Pubg's devs were very smug when fans were begging for stronger anti-cheat protections and they really thought that their game was so popular it didn't matter what they did, people would just play it. It wasn't until their player count tanked dramatically that they started to panic and take it seriously. 

Message 8 of 8 (247 Views)