Re: Hacked and Unfairly Banned

by DjentleDJinni

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacked and Unfairly Banned

★★★ Novice

Some one hacked my Apex Legends account overnight and got it banned within hours...how do prove my innocence?

I hadn't played Apex for a day or two and when I logged in to play I realized I had Mirage and Loba unlocked. I had the Legend Tokens available but no interest in the characters, so when I saw I owned them I was immediately confused. When I tried to play a game with my normal trio I was immediately ejected from the match and realized I was banned. According to an email at 3:37AM on 5/28 my account was banned for cheating.

How can I prove that I wasn't the one using the account, some one definitely hacked my account and I don't know how I can prove it. I've spent money on the game and invested a lot of time. It feels wrong to create a new account and work my way up from scratch. If this is the case I can't really see myself playing Apex in the future.

Thanks to anyone reading and offering advice <3

Message 1 of 14 (1,437 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

Hey @DjentleDJinni 

Sorry to hear you got banned.

Because you say that your account might be compromised, I recommend you to contact an EA advisor.
They will make sure that your account is secure again and you have added security features activated on your account if you wish to activate them.

You can also with the same ticket create a ban appeal with that EA Advisor, that will be sent to the Terms of Service for review. They will investigate your account and take the appropriate action.
Click here to contact an EA Advisor. 

This is the best way to get this situation sorted. Standard smile

PS @pastaclown, You don't need to ping champs or CM's, we look every once in a while on the boards Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (1,354 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert
Message 2 of 14 (1,398 Views)

★ Expert
@DjentleDJinni It'll be hard to prove your innocence that's why you should secure your account as much as you can. Goodluck and hopefully you get yourself unbanned.
Message 3 of 14 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @DjentleDJinni 

Sorry to hear you got banned.

Because you say that your account might be compromised, I recommend you to contact an EA advisor.
They will make sure that your account is secure again and you have added security features activated on your account if you wish to activate them.

You can also with the same ticket create a ban appeal with that EA Advisor, that will be sent to the Terms of Service for review. They will investigate your account and take the appropriate action.
Click here to contact an EA Advisor. 

This is the best way to get this situation sorted. Standard smile

PS @pastaclown, You don't need to ping champs or CM's, we look every once in a while on the boards Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 14 (1,355 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks so much, I've already gone through almost every account associated with the email and switched to secure passwords so I'm fine on that front. I'll go ahead and contact an EA Advisor and see what happens.

Cheers

Message 5 of 14 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update: It says my case has been "resolved" but I never had a chance to talk with customer support and there's no information as well as my account is still banned. Any idea why that's happening? I know COVID19 has slowed down things considerably but I'm unsure of how support handles things.

Message 6 of 14 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this same issue today, i made a forum post, playing on an alt, I was level 330 and had 700+ hours, I kept saying i got signed out Frown now im banned

Message 7 of 14 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Pro

I don't cheat, therefore I never get banned.

Message 8 of 14 (983 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DjentleDJinni

When you created your case did you choose the options for a banned account appeal? That would set up a case directly with the Terms of Service team so they can review the account. For more details on how to create a case with them check out the EA Help website

If you create a case using the steps mentioned on that article it will go directly to the TOS team, and they will determine if the ban could be overturned. They will follow up with you via email as soon as they can, so keep an eye out for a response from them. 

@Eiscu 

If you haven't already, it would be best to reach out to the Terms of Service team regarding your account as well. I'm afraid that account bans are not something we're able to help out with here on Answers HQ. The link above has more details on how you can set up a case with them. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 14 (836 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DjentleDJinni So there is nothing unfair about your account getting banned if it deserved to be or was deemed to be cheating. It is irrelevant that you didn't have control of your account to the point someone else was able to login and play as you.

You just have to state your case and hope that the Dev's give you the benefit of the doubt and restore your account.
Message 10 of 14 (790 Views)